The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Competition Class Opinion (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88389)

Bones 07-12-2010 10:03 AM

Competition Class Opinion

I wanted to publicly say Thank You to the Cancer Sucks Chicago BBQ Team for holding the competition class in February of 2010.
This class helped me a lot to get my seasonings, techniques, timings and boxes to a higher level.

I won my first 1st place award this past weekend at the Shannon IL contest. I was first in ribs and finished 17th overall. This is the largest contest in the state

Thank You, Scottie and crew.

I know others that were in the class did well and received calls.

Just to let you know I received calls in pork and brisket at the Westmont Il. Contest. I was 10th in pork and 6th in brisket. The pork call was only my 2nd after 2 years of competing.

I know many people are offering classes and thinking about taking one and I would definitely recommend the Cancer Sucks class.
The class teaches everything from start to finish, including seasonings and supports a great cause.

I have no stake in the class and just making my opinion public.

Chris McCluskey
Bartlett Boneheads

pat 07-12-2010 10:28 AM

Congrats on your calls Chris! I have already made the decision to attend if Scottie does another one.

Bones 07-12-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pat (Post 1334789)
Congrats on your calls Chris! I have already made the decision to attend if Scottie does another one.

Thanks, and you will not be disapointed

billm 07-12-2010 11:05 AM

congrats on the calls Chris!

Scottie 07-12-2010 11:25 AM

Thanks Chris. It sure was nice seeing all of the folks that came to the class kicking my butt.... :thumb: And that was quite a few. I don't need to say who they were, but it was pretty cool. Plus another student is ripping it up out in the East/Northeast...

I hope that folks got some BBQ knowledge, along with raising some cash for cancer research.

Congrats Chris. Hope to meet you up on stage some day... :becky:

Rich Parker 07-12-2010 12:04 PM

I definitely used a couple techniques Scottie taught is in class this weekend. :) I got 2nd in pork with calls in ribs and brisket for a 7th place overall.

Cancer Sucks Alumni 2010

Scottie 07-12-2010 12:09 PM

Congrats Rich!

Take it easy on me when I come across the pond... :becky:

Peteg 07-12-2010 12:14 PM

I would second or third the reccomendation for Scottie's class. I learned a ton that weekend, and had a great time as well. We also got a call in pork this weekend :) Thanks Scottie! Pete G.

trohrs123 07-12-2010 12:54 PM

although I thanked Scottie in person at the DC BBQ Battle, I think a public "thank you" to him for his class this past February, is in order. We have 2 RGC's and 1st place ribs, 3rd place brisket at the DC Battle since taking his class ...as well as winning The Kingsford Challenge yesterday in Wildwood NJ. His class is
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and without reservation

Scottie 07-12-2010 01:07 PM

congrats Tim on a great weekend... Once again!

You guys are making me blush... :icon_blush:

In reality, I love it. My goals were simple when I was planning the class.. Raise money for cancer research. To have folks benefit on the comp end is just the cherry on the top.