The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Got KCBS Certified today.... (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25674)

Puppyboy 03-31-2007 08:32 PM

Got KCBS Certified today....

Went to KCBS Judge Class today. I thought I was hooked on the Q but these guys were really passionate about it. I loved the class and learned a lot. I can not wait to judge a contest. After getting a little inside info, I am feeling better about cooking in my first comp in two weeks.

The_Kapn 03-31-2007 08:36 PM

You are on the right track!

The class is good, but actually judging is a whole lot more informative.
Try to judge and watch/listening to all the other judges at your table.

We try to mix cooking and judging all year long to learn.

Congratulations!!!!!

TIM

MrsBigBarry 03-31-2007 08:52 PM

Congrats to you.

Meat Burner 03-31-2007 08:57 PM

Good for you!!!!!

outside ed 03-31-2007 09:52 PM

Congratulations and good luck on your endeavors. Ed.

thunter 04-01-2007 01:14 AM

Congratulations!! I will be joining the CBJ ranks in May. I can't wait!

Bentley 04-01-2007 01:31 AM

Welcome to the club.

ModelMaker 04-01-2007 04:34 PM

Welcome to the ranks. I've been linin up gigs for the last couple weeks.
Looking at doing BBQlossal,IA State Champs, BBQloo, Up In Smoke and a few others.
ModelMaker

Bentley 04-01-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppyboy (Post 372273)
Went to KCBS Judge Class today. I thought I was hooked on the Q but these guys were really passionate about it. I loved the class and learned a lot. I can not wait to judge a contest. After getting a little inside info, I am feeling better about cooking in my first comp in two weeks.

I would be curious to know what number they are at, if you don't mind would you post an idea of where they are at? Wonder how many CBJ's are still alive?

Puppyboy 04-01-2007 10:12 PM

We were told we would receive our numbers in a few weeks with our name tags. As soon as I get it, I will adjust my signature below.

Sawdustguy 04-02-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puppyboy (Post 372273)

Congrats! You did the right thing becoming a certified judge! It is one of the best things a competitive cooker can do to help themselves.

biffleg 04-02-2007 12:27 PM

This is something I've been thinking about attending. I've looked up the closest classes ... but don't see anything mentioning $$$. Is there a fee to attend the Judging Classes?

<Rant begin> And what's up with no North Carolina classes? <End rant>

Smokin Gator 04-02-2007 12:33 PM

Congrats... I was supposed to get mine this past weekend but my son's soccer team was in the state championships. I have rescheduled for April 20 in Macclenny. I'm looking forward to it.

Oldbob 04-02-2007 12:39 PM

Well deserved Congratulations Puppy !!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Puppyboy 04-02-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffleg (Post 373325)
This is something I've been thinking about attending. I've looked up the closest classes ... but don't see anything mentioning $$$. Is there a fee to attend the Judging Classes?

<Rant begin> And what's up with no North Carolina classes? <End rant>

It cost me $70 which included a year membership with the KCBS. Yearly dues of $35 (I believe) to maintain your certification.