New Backwoods Fatboy

Braddog

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I broke down and ordered a new Fatboy from Backwoods. Seemed like the right compromise between capacity & price for me.

The good news is that the dealer called today to let me know that it's in. The bad news is that he's a couple of hours away and I won't get up there to pick it up for several days.

Anyway, can't wait to get it home and get it seasoned. I'm cooking for my niece's wedding reception on Memorial Day so I need to get her broke in.

Cheers,
Braddog

you will always have fond memories of that ride! don't take anyone... just go by yourself. i went to coxackie ny from long island when i got my party from Smokinit! i got lost in the bronx but to tell the truth it was just fun driving around with that thing in the back of the truck.

You're going to love it, awesome cookers for sure!

I miss my Fatboys! Someday I will replace them.

891394085303_0_BG.jpg

Congrats.. I would season her a couple of times before the big event, to make sure ya got it right,, and don't forget to send us some pron of the big event includeing picking her up...

Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to firing it up. I haven't figured out how I'm gonna get free to go and get it. The dealer is a couple of hours away and I'm committed to doing a demo cook for the local Big Green Egg dealer this weekend.

I may be <cough> <cough> sick one day next week! :-D

Cheers,
Braddog

How about wife, kids, mom, dad, brother in law! Some one pick it up.

haha...true, true..I grew up across the river from you in Bellevue..lived there the first 26 years of my life...CB is changing quite a bit! I might have to talk to mom or someone back home to see about getting me one:)

Back