Char-Broil American Gourmet Smoker, BBQ, and Grill

AJP

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have been looking for a small off set that I can also grill a steak or burger on to compliment my UDS. I saw this "little" guy at Wal-mart, curious what others think of it. This is smaller than the normal Char-broil offset I have seen.

(Click To Enlarge)

If you only want it for grilling, why not get a Weber from CL?

If you need the extra grilling space the cooking chamber might have over a Weber, I say get it!

If you only want it for grilling, why not get a Weber from CL?

If you need the extra grilling space the cooking chamber might have over a Weber, I say get it!

I want to be able to smoke on an offset also thus why I want this and not a Weber. And in the last year I have never seen a Weber in my area on Craigslist so that isnt really an option.

been lookin at one for a while if u like id go 4 it they look like a great thing to start with or build and improve.

i opted to do this............

2010-02-13 19.28.42.jpg

Well I got one on Saturday and got it home and put it all together. Wasnt that tough to assemble and it all fits together fairly nice. My only complaint is the sticker that is on the lid was a pain to get off. I spent 30 minutes with a bottle of Goo Gone and a green pad getting it off.

I am excited to use it for the first time but I think I should probably just run it empty first to get a feel for how it all works. Also I am thinking I need to use it as a grill and make some steaks here soon.

Greetings Fellow Kansan.

I started out on one of those years ago & loved it. Sold it becuase I wanted/needed something bigger.

Nothing wrong with running a few burns with out the meat to get a feel on how the fire rolls.

Back