Sayville, Long Island (NY State Championship) Battle of BBQ Brethren (With Results)

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hello!

I would appreciate it greatly if you could let me know if you were interested in judging at this KCBS sanctioned event. It is being held on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 21 and 22.

Please drop me an email at saberinc@optonline.net.

I need your full name, contact info and whether or not you are a kcbs certified judge.

Thank you!

Eric Devlin

I wanted to leave a quick note for competitors about this event.

The BBQ and Grilling competition is part of the Sayville Fall Festival, which is replete with family oriented activities. If your 'team' usually consists of younger family members, please keep this in mind. Costume contests, parades, etc.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric, I've checked out the Sayville Chamber of Commerce and can't find any info on the Fall Festival. Do you know of anything online that provides info overall on the festival? I'm sure it would be of interest to those interested in the Competition.

i know i few people local to sayville that would be interested in taking that class (if there will be one)and judging this competition. please let me know.

phil

Eric,

If you are in need of Judges, I would hold a pre-event CBJ class.

I believe that someone unrelated to this event is in contact with Linda Mullane and is organizing a judging class around the beginning of October. If I get more info (or confirmation) I will let you all know.....

I have a call into Linda to see about making a class for the event.

If theres enuf interest, we can get one going.

I may be able to attend. Too early to commit yet, but put me on the list. I am KCBS certified.

Don Halas
Big Dog Barbecue

A bit of a teaser, but I hope to have a big announcement regarding this event tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the interest,

Eric

Sorry for any confusion. Yes it would be as a judge.

I just spoke to someone in the governors proclamation office. I hope to be able to announce that this is officially a NY State Championship by next Wednesday.

Eric

I have a call into Linda to see about making a class for the event.

If theres enuf interest, we can get one going.
mineola fred and myself are competing but would like to get certified anyway so let me know the date when you nail it down.

Hello all. I have one more trip to Va. Beach next week and then I hope to be back in circulation. This summer has been pretty much a no go as far as BBQ judging for me because of my Mom's illness but it looks like after this next trip I should be able to get involved again. So I plan on judging at this event. If I can help in any other way somebody please let me know.

Back