Sausage and Beer

Here in Wisconsin, it is done one of two ways. It is either boiled in beer and onions and then tossed on the grill to get some snap in the casings, or it is grilled until done and then held in hot beer and onions. Damn, now I am hungry....

I always boil it in the beer and then grill it to get some grill marks and bbq taste. IMHO

B2B, the beauty is that I don't think you can screw this one up. Sausages (unless chix or turkey), have a lot of fat. Adding them to beer ups the moisture. Your goal is to get the snap of the skin where you want it when grilling and the rest takes care of itself. My humble opinion after a lifetime of sausage and beer consumption.

I smoke mine and then into a pan of beer onions and lots of buttah. The trick is not to let them sit for hours in the beer spa. They get soggy. Pre smoke and reheat in the spa and serve as soon as they are hot...............Mmmmmmmmmm Between this and the hot dog post I know what I'm having for the Packer game. Brats, dogs, beer, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Back