The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Long Island and NYC Area teams (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132441)

BBQchef33 05-06-2012 10:50 PM

Long Island and NYC Area teams

This contest is only 70 miles from NYC. We can be there in under 2 hours from LI. The organizers a friend and he called me tonight to try and help....

They need a few more teams to be a qualifier.. and its a benefit for our troops. Anyone available, tom asked us to consider signing up . :) ... it was a good contest last year.. lots of stuff to do for family.

NS Mike D 05-07-2012 09:48 AM

checking the calendar with the boss. anyone else going?

Phil, any update on the Northport Vets contest?

Cue's Your Daddy 05-07-2012 10:01 AM

I signed up Saturday. Its 130 miles from ronkonkoma and heard good things about last years contest. Also, my dad spoke with tom, and u can pull into contest site any time friday after 9am. So makes it easy to get there before traffic.

BBQchef33 05-07-2012 12:51 PM

havent heard anything from the vets yet. I'm working on getting to PA too... Wife bought concert tickets months ago for that Saturday, and i have to find her a date. it may cost me a marriage, or at least a week sleeping on the couch.. Thats no so bad though, since i usually start out there anyway.. this will stop me from having to get up and go to bed.
:twitch:

BBQchef33 05-07-2012 01:42 PM

welll im screwed.., I had dates confuse.. concert is may 26... GREAT!!!!... i can go...:clap:

Wrong.. :tsk:

May 19th is my daughters college graduation. I miss that, i will be ruined for life.

Cue's Your Daddy 05-07-2012 03:25 PM

For you to miss a contest for a concert must be a real big name. Who u going to see:-P

rxcellentq 05-07-2012 07:00 PM

This was a great contest last year, biggest trophies I've ever seen. RxCellent-Q will be there.

MilitantSquatter 05-07-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cue's Your Daddy (Post 2045377)
For you to miss a contest for a concert must be a real big name. Who u going to see:-P

John Tesh...

BBQchef33 05-07-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cue's Your Daddy (Post 2045377)

since your brain disengaged, I'll repeat myself.. :punch: i had the dates confused..MAY 19 is my daughters college graduation ceremony.

Now would YOU like to explain to Jackie why I cant go to see her graduate? :behindsofa:

:popcorn:

timzcardz 05-08-2012 05:55 AM

You worked yer a$$ of paying for her education and now you are entitled to a weekend to yourself!

Come on Poobah. Grow a pair already!

I'll be damned if I'm going to start explaining myself to my kids.

I'd be all over this comp but I'm picking my son up from college . . . but only because that's what I chose to do!

BBQchef33 05-08-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timzcardz (Post 2046117)
You worked yer a$$ of paying for her education and now you are entitled to a weekend to yourself!

Come on Poobah. Grow a pair already!

I'll be damned if I'm going to start explaining myself to my kids.

I'd be all over this comp but I'm picking my son up from college . . . but only because that's what I chose to do!

I FEAR NO WOMAN! :peep:

But.... then theres 'Daddys Girl', Getting a 4 year degree in 3 and heading off to Yale or Fordam Law... yup.. I choose to be there.. . :clap2::clap2::clap2:.. but i may be able to get out Saturday evening. . :)