Wednesday Ribs

R

rprata

Felt like making some ribs today. On the Weber smoker @ 1:00 PM over Kingsford and cherry wood.

At the 2-hour mark:
dsc00918.jpg

Sauced and off the pit:
dsc00919.jpg

Sliced:
dsc00920.jpg

They were fall-off-the-bone tender. Just enough sweet from the sauce, and heat from the rub. I made 2 racks - there are none left. This is the first time I've made ribs that my wife actually ate more than 1-2 ribs. She likes them sauced, and I used to make them dry. I like them more this way, too.

Burp.

Looks really good... At what temp did you do the ribs and you said 2 hours?

I did ribs today and it took me 6 hours but I did have a problem keeping the temp at 225*. Just curious what I am doing wrong. It always takes me 5 to 6 hours.

Looks really good... At what temp did you do the ribs and you said 2 hours?

I did ribs today and it took me 6 hours but I did have a problem keeping the temp at 225*. Just curious what I am doing wrong. It always takes me 5 to 6 hours.

I did them around 225 for 3 hours.. wrapped in foil, for another hour. At that point, the WSM started running around 275, so I cut the time.. 45 min in the foil, out of the foil and sauced for 30 min, and done.

Brother those were some nice looking ribs..
then you butchered them..
Your truely need a sharper knife :rolleyes:
Fall of the bone ribs are over cooked :icon_blush:

as long as you and yours enjoyed them, they were perfect. you weren't in a bbq competition, just a dinner competition, so fall off the bone is fine.

they did look awesome btw.

Nothing wrong with fall of the bone for eating at home. Those look real good in the pic off the cooker. Definitely look into a better knife though.:wink:

Man, that two-hour shot showed some absolutely PERFECT wibs. Meat just starting to pull back from the bones, nice color... Great job.

Don't let these hard-core competitor-types tell you those didn't taste good. ;)

I've been off of ribs for awhile, the picture have me rethinking my next couple cooks. T

I've got ribs on for hr and a half and wondering when its best to mop. Two hours?? and then when I wrap them?
Hope somebody reads this soon!!!!

I'm hoping for something close to yours- those look sooo goood!!!!

Last edited:
I aree. I like'em with a little tug when you bite into them, but my wife likes them falling off the bone. Guess how they get cooked at our house!

The knife is plenty sharp, but the meat was just over-tender. Wife likes 'em that way. I know damn well they'd never fly in competition. But we liked 'em :D

Back