Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Q the Lou Litchfield il Sept 16-17

one2bbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This contest needs five more teams to be a qualifier. This has potential to be a great contest and is located on Lake Yager. Unfortunately they had some bad press and looks like Illinois might lose another potential contest. I talked the the Litchfield Tourism Office and they feel that there was some miscommunication and would like to make this a yearly event. Never understood why people get on these sites and bash first year contest. Anyhow, 5 more teams and we have a qualifier.

I sent them an email over the weekend to see if they had room, and no response so far. I'd hate to go that far and have it not be a qualifier.

Give them a call Ron... We are shaking the trees down here to try and get enough teams.. Besides, you can come and kick our A$%'s again

I'm in, hope they get the teams they need.
I don't care too much if it is a qualifier but understand some do, especially if they have to travel. Need a tune up before Murphysboro.
See you all on Friday.
Big O Dang O BBQ

I judged this event and just to let you guys know that didn't make it you should put this contest on your calendar for next year.

For the teams that were there, some of the best BBQ I've had this year.

The location is great, right on a point of the Lake. For you cooks plenty of space for cooks, plenty of power and water on a huge parking lot.
We judged inside the beach house, so no tents. One of the nicest places I've judge at.
The organizer did a great job. Anything we wanted they made sure we had it. I heard some of the teams say the same thing.

Hope you all can make it next year and make it a quilifer.

I'll concur from the other side of the fence.
As a competitor I found this contest to be very well organized. Not a single complaint from me.
Awesome venue, Water (delivered to your site), Power, Ice, bathrooms, trash pickup, ash and grease water disposal (Seems to be an after thought at many contests), breakfast, stuff for the kids to do.....
You get the point yet? Oh Yeah, and a pair of awesome reps in Clara and Jonathan Williams.

Great time, great contest
If you're one of the IL teams that drove right past Litchfield last weekend to go someplace else, please rethink when figuring out your comp schedule next year. I hate to see a home state contest die on the vine.

-Aaron

Nice Job with the GC Aaron.:clap2:

I really wanted to do this comp but had to be on call over the weekend. It's on our list for next year!

Thanks for the update, Ralph! That's good to know. We couldn't make it due to a last minute business trip extension.

great contest, great local, large spaces and it was very cool with the triathlon going on around us and those crazy people swimming first thing in the morning. Plus a ski show ..Great organizers..Great all the way around

I'm in, hope they get the teams they need.
I don't care too much if it is a qualifier but understand some do, especially if they have to travel. Need a tune up before Murphysboro.
See you all on Friday.
Big O Dang O BBQ

Congrats Aaron!:clap2:

Do you still wish it was a qualifier now? :becky:

Nah....I have no plans of going to the Royal to compete. For me it was a local contest, less than an hour drive, that's all the incentive I neededed.
I even paid for extra space (not knowing only 8 teams were going to make it)

Back