The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   BBQ Brethren Throwdowns (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   BBQ Brethren "Rookie, Virgin, Amateur, FNG" Throwdown! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95886)

bigabyte 11-22-2010 02:06 PM

BBQ Brethren "Rookie, Virgin, Amateur, FNG" Throwdown!

Have you ever thought about entering one of the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns but felt like you were either too new to the Brethren, or perhaps felt that some of the regulars made dishes too good for you to compete against? Or perhaps you have tried your hand at a Throwdown or two but despite your valiant efforts your dish was blown away by one of the regulars who entered a dish that would have made Julia Child cry?

THEN THIS THROWDOWN IS FOR YOU!:becky::clap2::thumb::eusa_clap:bow::cool:

This Throwdown will be limited to those who have only participated in 3 Throwdowns or fewer (based on the date of this post). If you are unsure if you qualify, just ask and I will let you know.:cool:

This will be an OPEN CATEGORY, meaning any dish will be accepted as long as it adheres to the following rules:

1. The item must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2. Submitted dishes must be cooked between Today (11/22) and Friday 12/31.
3. All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on January 2nd (extra couple of days are being allowed for those who will be out of town or otherwise indisposed due to the New Year).
4. You can make multiple entries into this Throwdown if you like. Just like at a bash, I would not expect people to share only one dish, but any number of dishes they would like to share.
5. You are allowed to touch up your photos for clarity, or to add the dish/item to a more interesting background if you like.
6. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren related postings or materials.
7. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
8. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME! Instead, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.
9. If I find an entry to have violated these simple rules, I reserve the right to disqualify that entry.
10. As at any neighborhood block party, the kids are present and part of the festivities, so please keep your posts family friendly.
11. Since this is a virtual online bash, I expect everyone to have fun, but also remember there are kids around. Anyone caught not having fun will be asked to leave until they are fun again.

Best of luck to all who enter!:cool:

bigabyte 11-22-2010 02:13 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that the winner will receive a prize. Since I prefer leaving things a surprise, I will not tell you what the prize is...but I'm sure you will enjoy it!:cool:

deguerre 11-22-2010 02:15 PM

Oooooooooooooo FUN! This will be good to watch.:cool:

KnucklHed BBQ 11-22-2010 02:21 PM

Awesome idea Chris!!!

I've held back my creative winds just enough... I think I qualify... Lets see, the only ones I remember entering are Cast Iron (that was a tough one!) and egplan, er, I mean McRib... seems like I've missed one in there, you mind checking? :becky:

BBQ Grail 11-22-2010 02:24 PM

Does Smokin' Aussie qualify for this one? I mean he doesn't really do the cooking on his entries...

bigabyte 11-22-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ (Post 1464225)
Awesome idea Chris!!!

I've held back my creative winds just enough... I think I qualify... Lets see, the only ones I remember entering are Cast Iron (that was a tough one!) and egplan, er, I mean McRib... seems like I've missed one in there, you mind checking? :becky:

You are allowed to participate. You have only entered in the following 3 Throwdowns previously:

Cast Iron
Bacon
McRib

SmokinAussie 11-22-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Grail (Post 1464229)
Does Smokin' Aussie qualify for this one? I mean he doesn't really do the cooking on his entries...

That's right!!! I was just gonna ask the same thing!:becky:

bigabyte 11-22-2010 02:32 PM

Oh...and this wasn't my idea. The idea was sent to me by PM by our very own ---k---, who has been fearlessly entering the last couple Throwdowns as a new participant. He felt it might just flush out some more interest among those who have hesitated in the past.

deguerre 11-22-2010 02:38 PM

Hey, can I subtract my four zeros from my entry total?:becky: (JK!!!)

BBQ Grail 11-22-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1464252)

Maybe Chris will do a Special Throwdown just for the Zero crowd?

SmokinAussie 11-22-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1464252)

You know it was nearly 5 Zero's:heh: Some idiots out there just think your hams are too BIG!:confused:

deguerre 11-22-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinAussie (Post 1464261)
You know it was nearly 5 Zero's:heh: Some idiots out there just think your hams are too BIG!:confused:

Or...six - don't forget the "wrong" vote too.:heh:

Wrench_H 11-22-2010 02:51 PM

I think I've only done 3, so I should qualify, particuarly since combined I only have 1 vote :becky:. I need to start voting for myself everytime...but who would do that????

BBQ Grail 11-22-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrench_H (Post 1464271)
I think I've only done 3, so I should qualify, particuarly since combined I only have 1 vote :becky:. I need to start voting for myself everytime...but who would do that????

Not me! I've only done it twice... :thumb:

Wrench_H 11-22-2010 02:56 PM

haha, saw that you were in here and thought you might think that was funny :-P