• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork Butt for 30

F

fevoice

Catering a small function 30-35 people. Pork Butt is the only meat.

Here's what I'm preparing. What do you think of the amounts/weights/lbs?

10-12 pounds of cooked Pork Butt

6 lbs Cole Slaw
6 lbs Potato Salad
50 buns (That's the way Sam's sells them)
2 quarts BBQ Sauce.

Catering a small function 30-35 people. Pork Butt is the only meat.

Here's what I'm preparing. What do you think of the amounts/weights/lbs?

10-12 pounds of cooked Pork Butt

6 lbs Cole Slaw
6 lbs Potato Salad
50 buns (That's the way Sam's sells them)
2 quarts BBQ Sauce.

When cooking pork butt say 10lb butt you will loose half to cooking. That one pork butt will feed approximately 16 (normal adults without sides). I suggest 2 10lb butts. Extra is never bad! The sauce which I normally do on the side in case someone does like or is allergic to an ingredient. Also dont buy run of the mill sauce there are plenty out there that are awesome. Sweet Baby Rays, Blues Hog Reg ect (Lots of success and dont need very much). Hope I helped!

I agree with Ashmont on the butts. Go with two. I recently did a 10lber and it fed 14 of us (a couple of overeaters included :-D. Good luck

12 lbs of cooked pork sounds good (which means 24 lbs raw ) to me. I'm thinking you are light on your sides though 36 4oz servings is is 144oz divided by 16oz is 9lbs I would add another 10% to that. At least if my math is right :oops:

I did pulled pork for an anniversary party this past weekend. My buddy, the customer, said 30 - 40 people. he wanted enough for everyone to be able to take home a plate. I told him 30 pounds raw would be fine. He brought me 42.5 pounds raw. I filled three large foil lasagna pans with pulled pork and made three one quart sauces.

30 people showed up, 30 people took home plates. Sunday we packaged and froze 10 pounds of leftovers.

butts

I wouldnt fire up the cooker for just two butts. I would cook 4 but I am allways over doing it when it comes to the right amount of meat.

Back