Precooked Prime Rib Roast

Vestal

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My wife received a precooked prime rib roast from work and it has been in the freezer for a couple of months now. The label says it is enhanced with up to 10% solution.

I was wondering if this roast would benefit from being smoked in the new UDS or just heat it up and eat it up.

Thanks

Vestal

I regularly smoke precooked hams and like the extra flavor. I don't see why a a precooked prime rib would be any different.

Go for it and let us know how it works.

Thanks HankB,

It has been thawing for the last few days, so I'll get a fire going (after I shovel the snow from around the UDS) and see how it works out.

Precooked prime rib? Any reheating instructions on it? I can't see where it would hurt to add a little smoke. Like Hank, I heat up precooked hams in the Egg for that little extra flavor.

Precooked prime rib? Any reheating instructions on it? I can't see where it would hurt to add a little smoke. Like Hank, I heat up precooked hams in the Egg for that little extra flavor.

Instructions say 275 deg oven for two hours or until internal temp. is 95-110 degrees. Let stand for 15 min. slice and serve.

Thanks

I'd just follow the instructions and replace oven with smoker.

Sounds like a plan.

Chimney's about ready to dump, I'll cook a fatty and wait till closer to supper time to put on the roast.

Thanks everyone

never heard of a pre-cooked prime rib, but in the past when I have had left overs at the rest I sliced up, placed in HOT au-juis and flashed on the grill...

The prime rib roast turned out well, a hint of smoke flavor and nice and tender.

Thanks to all for your help.

Here's a look at the finished product.

IMG_20130119_180106_zps9476ed33.jpg

Back