Woo-Hoo! I get to Cue!!

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I got a free Saturday so I'm gonna throw some meat in the smoker! Pork butt is on sale today so I got a 6# roast at $1.39 per. I also have some riblets and a fatty. And another local store will have beef ribs on sale for $.38 so I'm gonna get a few racks of those too!

Add a few beers or maybe some of that russian vodka in the freezer and we are talking about a great day!

What are the rest of you up to this weekend?

I know what you mean. I rarely plan that far ahead but with all of this meat on sale it's irresistable.

And another local store will have beef ribs on sale for $.38 so I'm gonna get a few racks of those too!

Neil - if those ribs are on sale where I think they are, look at them close before buying them. In fact - you won't even need to look at them close - you'll know immediatly. Rancid looking things.

I may wait one more weekend to cue. My mom's staying with us next week and my step father will be in an out as well. He's flying out to Bermuda for the birth of his first grandson, they live in Ruidoso, NM, so they are going to drive here and he'll fly out from here to Bermuda...leaving my mom to spend time with us. My mom is a great cook and she taught me alot of what I know about cooking, so I am eager to show off my bbq skills. Step father is a big fan of good cue as well, so I'll make enough for them to take back with them. They are over a mile above sea level where they live, so it is next to impossible to cook on anything but gas, so they'll enjoy having some good smoke flavor!

tommykendall said:
And another local store will have beef ribs on sale for $.38 so I'm gonna get a few racks of those too!

Neil - if those ribs are on sale where I think they are, look at them close before buying them. In fact - you won't even need to look at them close - you'll know immediatly. Rancid looking things.

THey are at the Valu PLus on Hawthorne Blvd. If they are bad then I will get the ones I saw at Jons last night for $.79/#.

JacksonsDad said:
I may wait one more weekend to cue. My mom's staying with us next week and my step father will be in an out as well. He's flying out to Bermuda for the birth of his first grandson, they live in Ruidoso, NM, so they are going to drive here and he'll fly out from here to Bermuda...leaving my mom to spend time with us. My mom is a great cook and she taught me alot of what I know about cooking, so I am eager to show off my bbq skills. Step father is a big fan of good cue as well, so I'll make enough for them to take back with them. They are over a mile above sea level where they live, so it is next to impossible to cook on anything but gas, so they'll enjoy having some good smoke flavor!

Is it hard to keep a fire going that high up?

Bigmista said:

Driving down to San Antonio in the morning for the weekend. I plan to eat a lot of Tex-Mex and see what's changed in the Q-zone down there since I lived there.

I'll wave as I go by DFW, guys. :)

Arlin_MacRae said:
Bigmista said:

Driving down to San Antonio in the morning for the weekend. I plan to eat a lot of Tex-Mex and see what's changed in the Q-zone down there since I lived there.

Depending on when you left, Chuy's might be new. Out near intersection of 281 and 1604. Give it a shot if you have time. If you take 35W (The road is a lot smoother than 35E as well) stop in West and go to the Shell gas station and try a colache if you haven't already. I recommend the hot chubbie (I'm not making that up for hijack material). I'll be in SA, again, this weekend as well. I'll PM the cell # if you have time and the inclination and schedules work out. Safe trip. :D

Trying to avoid it...it's just so easy...must resist...

Ahh, to hell with it!

Jorge eats hot chubbies.

Pass it on.

Got the Beef Ribs for $.38/#!

Can't wait for the weekend!!

I will cook 2 briskets, 1 for my family and 1 for a friend and probably 2 pork roasts on Saturday. I will also cook some chicken and some ribs this weekend. Dont know if I will do those on Friday or Sunday.

Ummm...where is harlingen again? I might need to swing by there...

hgnmap.jpg

HomePicturetest8zb.jpg

map2003-big.gif

And my favorite non-barbeque website:

www.riofest.org

Harlingen is a Southwest Airlines city!

Who new you could go that far south and still be in America?

Jorge said:
Arlin_MacRae said:
Bigmista said:

Depending on when you left, Chuy's might be new. Out near intersection of 281 and 1604. Give it a shot if you have time. If you take 35W (The road is a lot smoother than 35E as well) stop in West and go to the Shell gas station and try a colache if you haven't already. I recommend the hot chubbie (I'm not making that up for hijack material). I'll be in SA, again, this weekend as well. I'll PM the cell # if you have time and the inclination and schedules work out. Safe trip. :D

I'll drive right past Chuy's on the way in! I'm headin' down 281 from Wichita Falls so I can skip a lot of (Austin) traffic. ;) I'll see if I can get there though, 'cause I've never heard of it. Thanks for the tip and the phone #. Might have some time to hook up.

How do those ribs look, Mista?? For that price I'd rent a freezer and fill it!

Back