Season B.U.D.S.

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well finally got around to trying Big Ugly Drum Smoker. Seasoning it now and off to Costco to find ham to try Watkins extracts. Here are some pics of permanent mount Redneck Guru.
Controller (Reads in Celsius)
IMG_2611.jpg

Blower mount, controller
IMG_2612.jpg

Overall
IMG_2613.jpg

First fire. definately need longer weed burner. First clue lack of hair on arm :eusa_clap .
IMG_2614.jpg

Man nice rig. It sucks being in the middle of nowhere. Only thing around here is sand and more sand :frown:

Now that is a great outfit. I really like the flames.

You are right about the long weed burners. Mine has a 24" body. Don't know what kind of fittings yours has between the valve and the end, but I wonder if you could drop in a section using a couple of unions.

DSC02826.jpg

It is a metric O.D. but going to flare for 3/8" and extend. Well here is the temp. gauges one at lower grate one at lid. Controller ramped temp a little high (121 Deg.C set point, 139 Deg. temp) but gauge temps are livable. Wondering if air leaking in around ash catcher.

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

Ham is on!

Wheres the beef? PORK? :p The set up looks great, I hope you get it dirty! (in a good way!)

Well ham got done, probably cook in pan or put water pan on grate underneath. Was ok but not as good as one I cooked in Bandera.
IMG_2617.jpg

BUDS worked great though.

Nothing wrong with that Pat! Is that the infamous ham recipe? The one that the seasonings cost just as much as the ham? LOL?

That is the one. Did not know what Ameretto was. Figured it rymes with getto so it must be cheap, wrong only had large size. What else do you use it for?

Nice looking rig - like the paint job. Oh - the ham looks good too..

ok where can i get one of those weed burners at or do you have to make them.

Back