Quick Turn In Times

jgh1204

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Selma, TX(You better slow down when you hit town)
There is a cookoff at a local festival saturday, Onionfest(celebrates the 1015 onion), and they are having a bbq cookoff for the first time.

I was supposed to do something else Saturday, so I was not going to enter. Now my plans have changed and I am volunteering to judge.

When I first investigated this event, I thought the turn in times where quick, but I thought I was mis-understanding something.

The meat inspection is at 9AM on Saturday and pork spareribs are due at 1:30PM. Doesn't seem like enough time to me.

BTW, Chicken is at 2PM.

Thoughts?

The meat inspection is at 9AM on Saturday and pork spareribs are due at 1:30PM. Doesn't seem like enough time to me.

BTW, Chicken is at 2PM.

Apparently its a grilling contest or the organizers like to watch paint peel off fireboxes!?!

5 hour chicken is no problem, but 4 1/2 hour ribs? WTF is up with that? And why do you need more time for chicken than ribs?

Best of luck jgh, it should be interesting anyway!!

Hummmmmm Ya got a Rib boilin Contest there?
Chicken late LOL somebody dont know smokin

I did not enter this for the followin reasons.

1. Too expensive for the payout(I dream of placing in the $$)
2. Turn in times not realistic.
3. I only like two of the categories, ribs and chicken. I like fajitas, but that aint bbq.
4. No brisket, if they did, the turn in time would probably be 10:30AM. :)

If you can start your cooker before 9:00 then it's not a problem. You can make some excellent ribs in 4 hours at 275.

Back