Just another bacon wrapped stuffed pork loin

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Had 1/2 a pork loin sitting in the freezer begging to get cooked. Plundered around in the pantry to see what was on hand to dress it up. Cut it open, seasoned lightly with Tony Chachere's original, stuffed with some Stonewall Kitchens Apple Cranberry Chutney, feta cheese & onion then rolled it up in a bacon weave.
001_zpsab8f27ed.jpg

On the 26.75 OGT at 3:15.
003_zpsb10bb26f.jpg

002_zps5c9653f0.jpg

Rocking along on autopilot after an hour.
004_zpsf0a35c55.png

More later.

Yeah there is....just another pool of drool to clean up :laugh:

Looks amazing

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG_6CopW9GQ"]OH YEAH-FERRIS BUELLER - YouTube[/ame]

Looking good at 2 hours, IT 140*.
006_zps8d55a578.jpg

Gonna pull at 155* and rest under a foil tent for a bit.

Update, dinner done, leftovers in the fridge

I ran the temp up for the last 1/2 hour to try and crisp the bacon wrap - that worked pretty good! For those who have not seen it, this is the iGrill display on my iPad: on top the ambient temperature probe with alarms set at 250* and 300*; on the bottom the probe in the pork loin with the alarm just set at a NTE IT temp of 155* (if you look at the pics of the loin on the grill you can see the probes). At the end of the cook I can download a complete CSV spreadsheet firle of the entire cook to be part of my log.
008_zps8947a26f.png

Any how, out of the 26.75 OGT at an IT of 153* and into a foil resting blanket.
007_zpsbfae72c0.jpg

After 20 minutes (when a couple of sides were finished), out of the tent, minus the string and carved.
009_zpsc6295a18.jpg

011_zpsc7e2f1a0.jpg

This was a simple dinner, just the pork loin, burned some Brussels sprouts in butter & Adobo and some corn biscuits.
012_zps0f77895f.jpg

Well, that's it. Great taste, plenty of moisture and the bacon was pretty crispy. All in all, a do over. I'm off to football night in America. Thanks for lookin.

Looks like you did real well.

And dang that's a cool toy....I mean tool to have for the monitoring of the cook

Back