Sam's prime brisket rocks

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Been aching to do an other brisket for a while now. The long cook keeps me from doing it more often. Picked up a 13# prime from Sam's last week that was reduced to about 8# after trimming. The cook was relatively short (about 7 hours at 250-275). I cit the point away at 5 hours when it reached 207, cut it up basted and put it back in the covered pan for an other hour. The cook cam out great and I'll be buying more Sam's prime.:biggrin1:

Attachments

• brisket.jpg
    brisket.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 354
  • brisket 1.jpg
    brisket 1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 354
  • brisket plate.jpg
    brisket plate.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 354
I agree, Sam's prime briskets are nice and you did that one proud. Very good looking results.

I have no issues at all with any of the Prime beef from Sam's, this is a point I prepped from a 16# Prime specifically with burnt ends in mind, the marbling is always this nice...

hPEpFJT.jpg

I have no issues at all with any of the Prime beef from Sam's, this is a point I prepped from a 16# Prime specifically with burnt ends in mind, the marbling is always this nice...

hPEpFJT.jpg
Yep. Same as mine before the burn.

Isn’t is strange how Sams meat is pretty darn good and WalMart, IMHO, is pretty darn bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have not tried a brisket yet but have had the prime rib eye and strip steaks. They are as good as any but you do need to trim some fat.

Back