The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Quoting software and invoices (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278817)

BigDaveBBQ 02-11-2020 01:22 AM

Quoting software and invoices

I was wondering if anyone uses specific software to quote their caterings with. I have been sent some pretty slick estimates. Their email is almost autogenerated it looks like. It sends a PDF. Estimate over with the detailed breakdown and then on the actual email itself it has all their contractual details and then another breakdown of the estimate with a place to sign and return for agreement to send deposit for holding the date.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ynotfehc 02-11-2020 09:44 PM

Quickbooks or Xero will have that as part of their accounting system.

BigDaveBBQ 02-12-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynotfehc (Post 4270962)
Quickbooks or Xero will have that as part of their accounting system.

Thank you. the catering section is pretty quiet in the off season lol

PaulstheRibList 02-18-2020 12:17 AM

I use Square for this. It's low cost (free) and flexible. No contract portion, however.

BigDaveBBQ 02-18-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulstheRibList (Post 4272877)
I use Square for this. It's low cost (free) and flexible. No contract portion, however.

I was looking into using Clover? What are your thoughts with using Square? Any pro's or con's?

Wicked Smoke BBQ 02-20-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaveBBQ (Post 4270621)
I was wondering if anyone uses specific software to quote their caterings with. I have been sent some pretty slick estimates. Their email is almost autogenerated it looks like. It sends a PDF. Estimate over with the detailed breakdown and then on the actual email itself it has all their contractual details and then another breakdown of the estimate with a place to sign and return for agreement to send deposit for holding the date.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I do all my quotes and invoices through QB. Then I can bill directly and they can pay directly and everything is nice and neat in the software for accounting purposes.

ynotfehc 02-20-2020 04:07 PM

Square works well. I haven't had any issues with it. They a lot of extras that you can pay for and some nice features, but Clover has them too. Have to look at the monthly cost for Clover and their credit card rates, then compare to Squares 2.6% plus $.10 per card transaction. Theres no monthly for Square. Square will continue to function normally even without cell or wifi service, not all POSs will. I think I read that if you do more than $15,000 per month in credit card transactions, then Square has the lowest cost. With their new credit card fees, I'm sure that number is closer to $10-12,000 now