The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Charcoal Sale Addicts Anonymous... (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133555)

caseydog 05-20-2012 02:49 PM

Charcoal Sale Addicts Anonymous...

Hi, my name is caseydog, and I'm a charcoal sale addict.

It doesn't matter that I have twenty bags in the garage already, I can't stop myself from buying more when Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart put twin packs on sale for dirt cheap.

Perhaps we need a support group -- certainly, I can't be the only addicted Brethren.

CD

Moose 05-20-2012 03:00 PM

I'm glad someone finally came forth - I'm Moose, and I'm also a charcoal sale addict and plan to buy a few hundred lbs at the Walmart sale today. :thumb:

I also long achingly for simpler days when the Incredible 2009 Kingsford Coupon was still in effect. I still daydream about it!

Jeep 05-20-2012 03:03 PM

Jeep: My name is Chevy (some names have been changed to protect the innocent) and I have a charcoal problem... I can stop whenever I want... no really I can!

Group: Hello Jeep... we all know its you.

Jeep: <drops head> Hey guys

caliking 05-20-2012 03:39 PM

Hi. My name is caliking... and I too am a charcoal sale addict.

Besides the charcoal I accumulate during these sales, i jones for the pics of brethren filling up their vehicles with purchased charcoal. I have bene known to swoon when posts start with lines like " I stopped by [Wal-mart/HD/Lowes] today for a pallet of...".

nucornhusker 05-20-2012 03:44 PM

Hi... I'm nucornhusker, and I have a charcoal sale buying problem. I too still have a couple hundred pounds in my garage, but I will surely be getting more. :tsk:

cloudbuster 05-20-2012 04:00 PM

It's the pitying looks and sorrowful head shakes that other customers give me that really hurts. But not enough to stop me from getting 12 twin packs of 15# Kingsford for $5.48 at the Wal-Mart today! That's less than $0.19 / lb.

Parruthead 05-20-2012 04:05 PM

Hello my name is parruthead i currently have 375# in the reserve but have a fear that it may not be enough..

Is this a feeling of my own or do others share it?

Jeep 05-20-2012 04:08 PM

Parruthead... I feel your pain.. is it ever enough?

TX_LJ 05-20-2012 04:24 PM

Haha, great thread. I pick up 3 bags of Royal Oak at a time from Wally world myself. I might stock more but no room to store it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Moose 05-20-2012 04:34 PM

Remember this? :mrgreen:

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/a...fordCoupon.jpg

I'm sure there's some great stories to be told...

caseydog 05-20-2012 04:47 PM

Sorry, Moose, but that's before I got addicted. It's too complicated, too. I was lured in by the two-packs for eight bucks. And now it's two-packs for five-fifty.

They can smell weakness, the smell of a smokey shirt. They prey on us. C'mon, what's a few more bags going to hurt? You can park the car outside.

Oh, the horrible cycle of addiction. :tsk:

CD

Tonybel 05-20-2012 04:50 PM

My name is Tony and I'm a Charcoal sale addict as well. But every time I go to buy they are out of stock.

whitelightnin92 05-20-2012 05:18 PM

My name is Ryan, and I'm a charcoal sale addict. My friends and family used to laugh at me, and mock my fortress of blue bags in my garage. But once they realized how handy and delicious it is to have an endless of supply of charcoal for me too cook with, they all encourage me and point out sales that they notice. I'm doomed ! :clap2::clap2:

Corky 05-20-2012 05:47 PM

I'm in. Oh yeah.

BIG ALAN 05-20-2012 06:19 PM

You guys got it all wrong. BIG ALAN's at level 11 of the twelve step program, and everything's under contr....WAIT! gotta sign off, Lowe's has a sale on ......... :sick: