leftover pulled chuck? mac'n'cheese!

seattlepitboss

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
With a big thank you to Alien BBQ, whose recipe I started with, I wanted to share a complete out-of-the-park knockout at a reunion potluck I went to today. I had about 3/4 lb. of pulled chuck left over from a recent cook (it was 1-1/2 but the two teenage boys started nibbling ..) and I made this macaroni and cheese dish where you smoke the cheese first and has all this yummy stuff (sour cream, heavy cream, hoo boy). Pic below.

Some of the other people who came to this event are professional chefs and caterers and they brought real good food too, but oh, man everyone went for this smoked cheese dish!

I made it just like Alien's recipe except I used already-smoked beef instead of smoked sirloin steak and I added half a roasted-seeded-peeled red bell pepper, diced, for color. Oh, and the last half an hour I kicked it up to 300F because it wasn't real melted looking.

Here's the original recipe, which gets cited around here every so often (but not too often for me): http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13998

This one is a serious keeper, folks!

seattlepitboss

Attachments

• smokedMacNCheeseBeef.jpg
    smokedMacNCheeseBeef.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 115
PitBoss.......Man that looks good. Thanks for the link. Glad there isn't a nutrition label for my wife to read.

Thanks! Sounds fantastic. I bookmarked the recipe, but will rewrite and mention to use leftover chopped brisket and the roasted red bell pepper! (Me and the Mrs. sort of have an agreement: She crocpots chuck. I smoke brisket.)

I also bookmarked that recipe. It is going to be made at my house soon. Thanks! :thumb:

looks great ... so many things u can do with mac n cheese! awesome!!

Back