The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Any Brethren Vendors carry KC sauces (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155167)

cameraman 03-02-2013 05:55 PM

Any Brethren Vendors carry KC sauces

I'm looking for Cowtown BBQ Sauce and Joe's. Mmmmm good.

Rub'n Wood BBQ 03-02-2013 09:27 PM

http://thekansascitybbqstore.com/col...sas-City-style

cameraman 03-03-2013 10:23 AM

Hey Rub'n thanks for that. I found that spot yesterday. Great selection. I was hoping to find a brethren that carried it but if it aint so it aint so. Welcome to the mad house brother.

colonel00 03-03-2013 10:41 AM

I highly recommend the Night of the Living BBQ Sauce. I cut it half and half with original Blues Hog for my burnt ends and it is great. Also, if you are going to place an order, might as well pick up some of the Boulevard Pale Ale mustard. It is really good.

Rub'n Wood BBQ 03-03-2013 10:47 AM

Cameraman -the sauces you are looking for are from Oklahoma Joe's restaurant (which me and Colonel) are lucky to live near. The store that I linked is actually part of that restaurant - technically next door to it. Its the only place I have ever got the sauce and I am not sure how distributed it is - although I would think there has to be some additional vendors. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Thanks!

colonel00 03-03-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rub'n Wood BBQ (Post 2391590)
The store that I linked is actually part of that restaurant - technically next door to it.

They actually moved to the north end of the strip mall to a larger location unless they have moved back recently. Regardless, they are very close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rub'n Wood BBQ (Post 2391590)
Its the only place I have ever got the sauce and I am not sure how distributed it is - although I would think there has to be some additional vendors. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Thanks!

It can be found at local grocery stores like Price Chopper and Hyvee. Outside of the area though, I don't know about its availability either.

cameraman 03-05-2013 07:35 PM

Thanks for the information folks. Colonel, I'm working on a bottle of Night of the Living BBQ Sauce right now and it is good and I see why you cut it. I want to try the Cowtownwhich is described as like NOTL BBQ Sauce with less heat. But you're right as long as I'm ordering I may as well back it up. Joe's gets major props for some damn fine sauce.

Rub'n Wood BBQ 03-05-2013 09:05 PM

I have a work visit in may to Nashville. I live down the street from the store that sells this sauce. Let me know if you need me to bring anything along with me :wink:

Oh, and where should I sample some good tenner bbq?

Rub'n Wood BBQ 03-05-2013 09:06 PM

Tenner = Tennessee, damn auto correct.

cameraman 03-06-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rub'n Wood BBQ (Post 2395424)
I have a work visit in may to Nashville. I live down the street from the store that sells this sauce. Let me know if you need me to bring anything along with me :wink:

Oh, and where should I sample some good tenner bbq?

Nashville isn't known for its bbq, Most of it is pretty average. The one exception is Martin's about 20 minutes south of town in Nolensville. It's the only place around here I'll eat bbq. Don't trust Yelp or Urban spoon on BBQ. I'm amazed at the chit folks rave about.

Send me a pm when it's close to your visit. Maybe I'll take you up on your offer and buy you a drink too.

ITBFQ 03-06-2013 09:36 PM

My wife gave me some Cowtown BBQ sauce for Christmas. She got it at World Market.