Smokey Joe Pizza

Smokey Al Gold

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I was hungry for pizza yesterday and wanted to try making a pizza on my smokey joe platinum. This was a frozen $2.50 pizza. I added extra pepperoni and mozzarella to it. Used briquettes and just a few hickory chips. The taste of these on the grill as compared to the oven is unbelievable. It is night and day. The crust had an awesome crunch. In the oven these same pizzas are ok at best but on the grill it was to die for. The smokey joe platinum worked like a champ for pizza making. I'm sure its no big green egg but it sure makes me want a bge for pizza making.

pizza001.jpg

pizza002.jpg

The setup for the SJP
pizza003.jpg

Pizza on
pizza004.jpg

Plenty of space
pizza005.jpg

pizza006.jpg

pizza007.jpg

pizza008.jpg

pizza009.jpg

Thanks for checking out my pie

Looks good!!! I've got to do another pizza soon...It's been awhile!!!

SJP.... how does that compare with a plain jane smokey joe???? Bigger, deeper, what??

Thanks,

Paul B
SS UDS

Well I hope you had a cold one with that! What's pizza wihtout a brew!

i know no pron did not happen... but i did the same thing last week... only had cheese in the house -- i went right onto the grate... crust was soooooo good...

pizza

I've tried to make frozen pizza a few times and it doesn't come out looking good and tasting worse. I had a pizza stone, but I moved it too quick from the hot side of the grate to the cooler side and it split in half.
100_7915.JPG

Jason

For a frozen pizza that sure looks good to me.

Didn't think of a Smokey Joe.... would seem to be an ideal size.
Congrats pulling it off!

SJP.... how does that compare with a plain jane smokey joe???? Bigger, deeper, what??

Thanks,

Paul B
SS UDS

Smokey Joe Platinum is a discontinued weber product. I'm guessing around 07 they stopped making it. It is an 18.5" smokey joe as opposed to the 14" they sell now. I wouldn't know where to get one now but I'm lucky to have one it rocks.

Smokey Joe Platinum is a discontinued weber product. I'm guessing around 07 they stopped making it. It is an 18.5" smokey joe as opposed to the 14" they sell now. I wouldn't know where to get one now but I'm lucky to have one it rocks.

Thanks, I'll have to try that on my mini smokey joe!!:biggrin::biggrin: I picked up a square pizza ceramic at a garage sale that will probably fit.

Paul B
SS UDS

wow, your pizza looks good, that is what i use also as far as frozen pizza goes. i throw to many away cause i am still learning i guess :p:p

Back