Am I the only one?

Balls Casten

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Am I the only one feeling left out by not being at the Jack?
Im sitting here at work, letting everything to to voice mail (hello mi name is Peeegggy), thinking I should be triming chicken and mixing myself a drink.

If I was to come down with the flu tomorrow ... 14hr drive ... ???

Nope, not at all. A lot of my good freinds aren't going and I only know a few teams. I done used up all my luck there anyway.

I hope to remember to check in around 6:00 to see who won dessert....

To be honest no. But I guess I've been, so I know what is going on... I do want all that are going, to have fun and pick a lucky hickory nut.

Do you need a copilot Doug? I still have my whiskey drinking jar from Ames :becky:

Do you need a copilot Doug? I still have my whiskey drinking jar from Ames :becky:

Bring it over saturday (fresh bottle of Black in the trailer) I'm cooking up some ribs for a race for the cure party. And we can watch your saggy-eyed parrots lose to the badgers.

Last edited:

Me too - I call it the Casten Cup - and I used it to drink all the whiskey I won from him at Ames!! :becky: (I kid because I love. Well, like. I kid because I like)

The fact that I'm not going to the Jack is just more incentive to work harder next year. My plan of attack is to practice all winter and develop all the knowledge I have accumulated in the past three seasons.

With that said - I also hope to compete with my family next year so the most important thing is to enjoy the experience - and if that means missing a turn-in or two, so be it! Watch for Monty's Little Monsters. We'll be somewhere in the bottom 50%!!!!

How you gonna get them kids to show up early and set up camp?
ed

No, you're not alone. After 15 or so competitions this season it feels very strange to not have meat to trim, rubs to restock and a trailer to pack.

No, you're not alone. After 15 or so competitions this season it feels very strange to not have meat to trim, rubs to restock and a trailer to pack.

Wow 15! You need a break for a few months eh.

Time to make the coffee....:becky:

I'd just like to be in the draw one year.:pray: Got to start somewhere.

Lucky this time of year there are enough other distrations to take your mind off it. Sure I wish we got puked to go but I don't miss having to drive 12+hours either. At is point if I drive 12 hours I'm heading to a resort.

Lost a couple draws this year. Oh well thats the name of the game. I don't feel left out. It is obviously not our time to be there, but when it is......WATCH OUT! hahaha

I miss not being there...there rest of my team's been emailing me reminders all day.
We are committed to doing what it takes to remove the need for luck in the draw in 2011. :boxing:

In the mean time, all the best and cheers to those there now! :clap2:

At home and just walked by the smoker ... really pissed now!

Next year I'm hosting a "Loser's Bracket BBQ" contest the same time as the Jack. (pretty good odds I wont be in next year either) Most of the competition will be busy, increasing my chances of getting in the hat for 2012.
I'm gonna need 25 teams.
Diva Q can you talk to Crown Royal? Tell them I have a unique sponsorship for them.

Next year I'm hosting a "Loser's Bracket BBQ" contest the same time as the Jack.

You know, that really isn't a bad idea. There's only three comps this weekend outside of the Jack. Two are in Georgia and one is in Mississippi. I was hoping there would be something in the midwest to sign up for.

I'm up for it! But you cant participate Jeff, your team is too good. We want losers at this thing. :p

Hey can someone please check my meat in? I'm cooking the Jack tomorrow.

Last edited:
You know, that really isn't a bad idea. There's only three comps this weekend outside of the Jack. Two are in Georgia and one is in Mississippi. I was hoping there would be something in the midwest to sign up for.
The FBA's got 2 this weekend: one in GA, one in FL. Come on down and play some time!

Back