• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Question

• Thread starter snoutsfeathersandhorns
  • Start date
S

snoutsfeathersandhorns

Hey guys it is time once again for the Keansburg Fire Company #1 BBQ cook-off located in Keansburg NJ. It has been held in May for the last 2 years. We are trying to find a date later in the year that works for our contestants. If anyone has any thoughts about this please let me know. Thanks Bill

Go back and if you have the members applications from the previous ones, contact them and ask them. And be sure to check around and make sure that it will not be in conflict with another one in say a 100 miles radius. Otherwise, you might loose members to it, especially if pay out is more. Just a couple of thoughts for you to consider.

For mid-Atlantic comps, mid June to Mid July is not very busy. Mays Landing is July 9/10. Also, Late July early August is usually open. If you are looking after Labor day, it can be fairly busy, but there are available weekend.

You need to look at the comps that draw the teams you are trying to attract and try and be two weeks away from those comps. A lot of teams don't want to do back to back weekends if possible. I would avoid conflicts with the NJ comps, Bel Air, New Holland.

I would look at the KCBS website for posted events. While all are not there yet, many are. From what I can tell, the last 3 weekends in June are open. I think this is your better choice ( 6/18,19 or 6/25/26 even though DC in the 26th). Or last weekend in July first weekend in August.

Good Luck!! Remember, you'll never please everybody no matter what date you pick.

Thanks guys. The biggest problem is for the last two years I have done this with little sponsorship. I don't want jump in again if I cant pull off prizes etc. We are a very small fire department within a tiny town, we have no major sponsor leads. I have contacted every company I can think of but no one ever gets back to me. I will keep plugging away and have more info soon. Thanks Again

been to this event.. great time.. who needs prize money when we get a free keg!!

Bill, have you tried the acme in your area. my company do's the fire inspections for them and they are making alot of changes(spending money).

Back