Tomorrows supper...

Diesel Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Going on the smoker tonight!
This is the brisket I got from the new butcher I found.
It's 11 lbs before trimming. There wasn't too much to trim off really. I left a bit under 1/2' on the fat cap and it's injected with:
Beef stock 2 cups
1 tbls worcestershire
1 tbls soy sauce
1 tsp accent

Rubbed with SPOG

Pre-trimmed pic

picture.php

And here it is trimmed, injected and rubbed

picture.php

So this will go on at 11 tonight at 250f and get smoked with cherry for about 4-5 hrs I figure. Then wrapped and another 6-7 hrs. Or until probe tender. With my chuck I ran short on time, so I'm making sure this is done to perfection for supper tomorrow.

Thanks for lookin in and I'll be keepin this updated.

I think what we all need to know is what time dinner will be so we can all show up! Looks good!

Thanks everyone.
Bludawg, thanks, I've thought about trying one your way HNF, but I know this way and it works well for me.

Suppers at 6 tomorrow Garrett, you got time buddy

Yeah Smitty, I've been using this elcheapo for about 10 years now. I know how she runs and if you get anything tuned in you can get a good end product.....most of the time :laugh:

looks like its gonna be awesome dave.

at 250, are you just cooking an hour per pound?
Cooked a HNF just recently for first time ever, it was fantastic. Maybe best brisket I've made.

Thanks Jeff, no I'm figuring and hour and a half per pound.

I may go for the HNF on the next one after an all night cook on this one

Here it is 4 hours in, IT 153f, and ready to pan and wrap.
I added 1 cup of the injection mix and 1 cup of apple juice to the pan with the btisket and foiled the top to seal.
Back on the smoker that's been running fairly steady at 250-75

picture.php

Thanks for following

Well just pulled it off after 13 hrs, and all of it probed like buddah! :thumb:
IT was 210f
Here's a pic as I let it steam out and then it's resting in the oven for a couple hours before I cut into it.
Looks like supper will be at 5! wOOt!!!!

picture.php

sliced pics in a few hours.

Thanks for following along

That is one tasty looking piece of cow. Understanding how your smoker runs is a true pitmaster skill. Not to mention an essential when using a COS! Great job....

:bow:Thank you, thank you.

I'll have pics up of the slices soon, waiting for mom, dad and guests to get here before I cut into it

Well here you go, as promised......

sliced

picture.php

Pass the bend test?

picture.php

This brisket was very flavorful and tender as can be. But it was a bit dry, I think I let it rest too long as I finished it too early, imagine that

Thanks so much for tuning in and following

Looks great, Dave! And I'm with you.. Been cooking on a COS for 12+ years. Once you know how to use it right, it can turn out some killer Q. I'm building a new smoker, and it's going to be hard to say good bye to the COS... Well, probably not, but I still love it!

Back