Is there a better cut of beef than

SmokyOkie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
a hanger steak?

For tenderness, flavor and marbling? I just ate a grilled romaine and hanger steak salad. I can't think of a better cut of beef. How about you?

Is that the same as a skirt steak?
If so we grill them when we can buy them around here.
Salt and pepper and they hit the grate. Very well marbled and taste awesome.

I haven't tried one, but now my interest is piqued. :hungry:

Is that the same as a skirt steak?
If so we grill them when we can buy them around here.
Salt and pepper and they hit the grate. Very well marbled and taste awesome.

Outside skirt steak is diaphragm muscle like you might use for fajitas. Hanger is a muscle that suspends the diaphragm from the rib cage more or less. It does absolutely nothing but hang there, thus it is very tender.

the muscle fiber is coarse like brisket, but it is so tender that it tries to fall apart when you handle it. Real deep rich beefy flavor. Try it if you can find it!

Well, yes, I suppose a Kobe Hanger Steak...

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

Hey Brian! Long time no see. How have you been?

Why did you dessimate it? Poor little steak, what did it ever do to you?:laugh:

It is indeed a great piece of meat isn't it? It may just be my favorite.

Here's how I like them:

3e06a3f9.jpg

Funny, the Kobe in your pic doesn't really look that much mmore marbled than most of what I get.

Looks great, another one that I like to cook up is shoulder tenders. Cooked rare is pretty good, cheap too! I am drooling looking at that Pron!

Looks great, another one that I like to cook up is shoulder tenders. Cooked rare is pretty good, cheap too! I am drooling looking at that Pron!

Are you talking like top blade steak or flat iron? That is one of the most underrated cuts on the animal.

It comes from right below the flat iron, it is part of the shoulder...I think it is from next to the blade steak. It is shaped like a tenderloin, but only weighs about 8-10oz.

Back