Last min. RT to Texas – any ideas for BBQ along I-10 & I-35?

Thawley

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Guys – my wife & daughter & I have some family business in New Braunfels & Seguin (just east of San Antonio) next week. Not much time for sightseeing, but it'd be nice to taste some of the local "comfort food." There's a small chance we'll make it thru Austin before our return, time depending.

• Any suggestions for BBQ along I-10/I-35 on the way out from SoCal?
  • Any suggestions for food & lodging in New Braunfels where we will be staying?
  • Is there anyone in the New Braunfels/Seguin area with a phone book who might be able to help me find a few local services: dumpster rental, Goodwill type charity that will pick up, vehicle donation charity or cash for cars service?

Thanks in advance.

In Marfa: Borunda's Bar & Grill. Get the stacked enchiladas. If you want the fried egg you need to ask for it.

New Braunfels: Mamacitas Cantina. Small chain that is pretty good.
Lockhart isn't that far of a drive for Q, nor is Luling.
On the west side of 35, across, fromt he outlet mall is a red building that's called *something* Station. Fantastic burgers the couple of time we stopped there to do some shopping.

As for the other stuff...check your PMs and give me a call so that I can find out exactly what you need. I've got some family in that general area and I can check with them.

Back