The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   customer service Pit Barrel Cooker Co (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152832)

16Adams 01-31-2013 10:12 PM

customer service Pit Barrel Cooker Co

My new PBC arrived today. A dent occurred in shipping. I took photos of the packaging and dent and emailed them to the company. Tonight the owner, Mr. Noah Glanville called, and advises "we will do whatever you want to make you happy and this right as we value our customers". Boys and Girls- the PBC and the company are the real deal.

jrn 01-31-2013 10:17 PM

Doesn't get any better than that!!! Watcha gonna do?

Trumpstylz 01-31-2013 10:22 PM

Potential options:

-ask for a new one and sell/gift one or keep both
-ask for a partial/full refund
-send the old one back and a smaller discount (for your troubles)

I would be more than satisfied with any one of these options. A partial refund is the most fair/reasonable/doable one for both sides IMO (unless you really do want a brand new pretty one, but you're gonna get it dirty anyway).

swamprb 01-31-2013 10:26 PM

cover the dent with a Brethren sticker

bbqbull 01-31-2013 10:29 PM

FYI Mr. Glanville is a member here now. I think it is a bad thing to possibly try and take advantage of him if I understand your post correctly Mr. Trumpstylz. I am speaking as a member here and not a moderator. Please remember he is selling his product at a discount rate around $100 dollars to us all. He too has to feed his family and make enough to keep his business open. I am thrilled he is willing to make ammends.
Fair is fair IMHO.

Trumpstylz 01-31-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbqbull (Post 2349901)
FYI Mr. Glanville is a member here now. I think it is a bad thing to possibly try and take advantage of him if I understand your post correctly Mr. Trumpstylz. I am speaking as a member here and not a moderator. Please remember he is selling his product at a discount rate around $100 dollars to us all. He too has to feed his family and make enough to keep his business open. I am thrilled he is willing to make ammends.
Fair is fair IMHO.

True, but from his post, it seemed like Noah would end up spending more money shipping it back and dealing with that hassle than just offering up a discount. I sell a lot online and if this happened to me, that is how I would prefer to remedy it (and I have). It would be the least costly and least pain in the butt methods IMO (but you're right- looking back, getting a full refund/second pbc would be rather unreasonable, but I've had to do that as well). I can assure you I wasn't trying to take advantage of him by any means.

El Ropo 01-31-2013 10:51 PM

Is a dent going to affect the way it works? Most likely not. I'd hate on fed ex and enjoy the cooker.

flyingbassman5 01-31-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Ropo (Post 2349915)
I'd hate on fed ex and enjoy the cooker.

Agreed!! Shipping anything nowadays is all about the speed at the expense of care..

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16Adams (Post 2349877)
My new PBC arrived today. A dent occurred in shipping. I took photos of the packaging and dent and emailed them to the company. Tonight the owner, Mr. Noah Glanville called, and advises "we will do whatever you want to make you happy and this right as we value our customers". Boys and Girls- the PBC and the company are the real deal.

:clap::thumb::biggrin1:

That's top notch!

caliking 01-31-2013 11:00 PM

Sounds like the PBC guys are stand-up folks.

Weber does this sort of thing alot and we love their customer service - I bought a side table for a kettle from a pool/patio type of store and the attachment hardware was missing. Called Weber for the missing parts, but they said they couldn't ship out just the parts - they sent me a whole new table!

Carbon 01-31-2013 11:15 PM

I would keep it and hammer out the dents

slammmed 02-01-2013 04:35 AM

I would personally request a new one. Discount or not, you didn't buy a scratch and dent model you bought a new one. For me, it's one thing if I create the dent but ive ignored issues in the past and inevitably i always get a Frustrated,every time I see it.

Freddy j 02-01-2013 05:25 AM

Can you post a pic of the damaged box and cooker? Also let us know if you signed for the damage when you received. Then I want to have a look at fed ex grounds claim policy.

Seems that it was damaged in transportation while in fed exs custody and control.

16Adams 02-01-2013 06:26 AM

All valid points, and I truly appreciate everyones input. I did the ultimate test earlier. I shined a powerful Streamlight flashlight on the dent. No light going into the barrel, no light coming out. Is the dent ugly, yes. Is the powder coat fractured and going to rust, I dont know.Is it worth the "life's energy" to pack and ship at both ends of the product line. To some, maybe. To some definitely. Mr. Glannville stated he would make a note and warranty this location for a period of "if at anytime in the future". That's a long time when you're almost 55 years old. Here is my decision. I am going to buy a 12 pack of Negro Modelo (I'm not the most interesting man in the world) some meat and build a fire in this new machine. Thanks again everyone for you're input. They are all valid points.

16Adams 02-01-2013 06:41 AM

I have tried posting photos with wife's IPad and my Nokia 720 Windows operating system. phone. No go either way. We chunked our home computer and went totally mobile in our internet connectivity a couple years ago. Someday people will drive slowly by our house and gawk, stare and point and utter silently to their kiddos, " there is the house that does not own a computer". But they will also be amazed by the aroma of cherry, pecan and hickory.

Ron_L 02-01-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16Adams (Post 2350046)
I have tried posting photos with wife's IPad and my Nokia 720 Windows operating system. phone. No go either way. We chunked our home computer and went totally mobile in our internet connectivity a couple years ago. Someday people will drive slowly by our house and gawk, stare and point and utter silently to their kiddos, " there is the house that does not own a computer". But they will also be amazed by the aroma of cherry, pecan and hickory.

You can upload the pictures to Photobucket and then post a link to them. If you use the Insert Image icon above the post edit window and paste the link in there the picture will show up inline. Or, from Photobucket, you can copy the IMG Code and just paste the into your post.

Or... You can get the Tapatalk app and it works with this forum and you can post pictures directly from the app.