Wicked Good Lump X3 for first 5 teams: Mainely Grillin' and Chillin'

L

Laurel Pollard

Lee Ann & Larry Johnson from Wicked Good Charcoal (www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com) have donated 3 bags of 22lb lump charcoal for the first 5 teams from whom we have received their applications & entry fees for the Mainely Grillin' and Chillin' Country BBQ State Competition! That's up to a $66.00 value! Get your applications online at www.celebratemainefestival.com!

Buck's Naked BBQ & Cancersuckschicago.com - We'll have 3 bags at the Farm for 'ya when you arrive. Thanks for signing up early!

CMF deeply appreciates the support from our Maine BBQ Community to help make MG&C BBQ Competition a success.

Laurel Pollard, Event Coordinator, 2009 Celebrate MAINE Festival
lcpollard@comcast.net

We cant wait for this contest!!
Nice to see you on the board Laurel!

Mike

I'm trying . . .

Mike, I'm trying to figure out how to receive the posts from the Competition Forum in my inbox. I'm supposed to sign up for them? I'm just wandering around the BBQ Brethren website, trying to figure out how to do that. I'm finding all kinds of cool stuff around here . . .

Mike, I'm trying to figure out how to receive the posts from the Competition Forum in my inbox. I'm supposed to sign up for them? I'm just wandering around the BBQ Brethren website, trying to figure out how to do that. I'm finding all kinds of cool stuff around here . . .

Hi Laurel, go to the top of this thread and choose Thread Tools and then choose Subscribe to this thread. You can get notified by email when anyone posts to the thread.

I hope to be able to cook your contest.

Good luck

ALRIGHT! I got it! Thanks, Chris. Newbee blogger, what can I say? No better reason than BBQ to get my feet wet, right?? The whole Celebrate MAINE Festival team is really excited about bringing in the BBQ to the event. Everyone has been so supportive getting everything going. KCBS, NEBS & all the Maine BBQ-related companies. We're ALL excited up here!

Laurel
www.celebratemainefestival.com

Q Haven is planning to cook Maine, looking forward to it!

Thanks, Ted! The next 3 checks to hit Lisa's desk (info included on application) get the goods! As with any event, early sign-up is critically important for any organizer. We really appreciate the support!

I encourage BBQ teams that are interested in receiving MG&C updates to sign up on our website. The www.celebratemainefestival.com homepage offers a link to opt-in. We send notices of new CMF & MG&C details quickly & easily - available to anyone!

Thanks for your support & we look forward to seeing you in August!
Laurel Pollard, Event Coordinator, Celebrate MAINE Festival
lcpollard@comcast.net

As with any event, early sign-up is critically important for any organizer.

Laurel,
I hope the organizers are not getting worried. A lot of teams are very excited about this comp! Most teams wait until the event gets a little closer before they send out an application.

Mike

Hi, Mike! I appreciate your words of encouragement & I'll pass them along to the CMF team.

Frankly, it's more about the press & the sponsors. I'm about to send out the MG&C press release announcing the event to the whole wide world (it's really only BBQ insiders that know about it now) and it's going to be hugely important to reflect strong support from the teams. Basically, I need you guys to validate all the great stuff I wrote up about competition BBQ in Maine!

Carolyn Wells, Phil Rizzardi & Alex Caisse gave me great quote. It would be really great if our website containing the number of confirmed teams reflected their enthusiasm. Gotta keep up appearances for the press!

Plus, when we get great press, I get more sponsors. If I get more sponsors, we get a better festival. Fun for all!

Laurel, Event Coordinator, www.celebratemainefestival.com

Sponsored by: Prime Motor Group, J.P.'s Shellfish, Shipyard Brewing Company, Jasper Wyman & Son, Cabot Creamery, Greater York Region Chamber of Commerce and Taste of the Seacoast

You're right Mike. Teams will be there. It's my long summer trip, so I had to be prompt and timely.

Really looking forward to this one.

Mmmmm mussels and lobstah.

Wicked Good Lump X3 for first 5 teams: Mainely Grillin' and Chillin

We have the first five teams confirmed for MG&C, August 8th & 9th, Eliot, Maine! Three 22lb bags of Wicked Good Lump will be awarded to:

Buck's Naked BBQ
Cancersuckschicago.com
Lakeside Smokers
Feeding Friendz
Green Mountain Smokeshack

The bags will be on site & waiting for ya! Thanks again to Lee & Larry Johnson at www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com!

This a terrific start! I'll be sure to get your team info up on our "Confirmed Sponsor" page at www.celebratemainefestival.com. Thanks for your support!

MG&C is the only KCBS & NEBS sponsored event in Maine! Only 5 miles from Portsmouth, NH and 60 miles north of Boston. Right off I-95!

Thanks All, Laurel

Do the next five teams get a free bass boat ? I'll hand deliver my app today if so...

Is this Wicked any good? Never heard of it in these parts... :roll:

Laurel, just to let you know, The Bastey Boys will be there. Haven't sent the app yet...gotta get on my seceretary about that!

Do the next five teams get a free bass boat ? I'll hand deliver my app today if so...

Maybe she can hook you up with something for that block of beefs of yours that are sitting in the freezer at my house.

Laurel, we'll be there too.

Bring it to Maine... I'll bring some Aujus... Then again, I'll bring you some Aujus and you can eat it all, seeing you are having to store it... I mean, handling fee and all...

Good seeing you and Julie....

Back