SmokinAussie Strikes Back

SmokeJumper

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
San Francisco, CA and Phu Quoc Island Vietnam
As some of you recall, SmokinAussie offered some jerky samples to the first few people who requested them. I just returned from the mountains today and guess what was sitting on my doorstep? Bill Himself!

JerkeyLabel.jpg

Now the Outback Spirit wasn't quite powerful enough to make the trip all the way over the pond but I'm sure looking forward to eating that Signature Jerky as well as slathering VegeMite Cheesy Bite spread on my next funnel cake. Thanks Bill!!!

FullAussieShot.jpg

Wow, that label was a little scary. Nice gift pack.
I just about peed my pants when I peered in there and saw that floating head. Bill you know that a dingo might eat your head if you hang out near the orange rock. :p

At least ONE of your jars survived Rob! You beat me to it on posting the product tag. :becky: Why it was attached to a piece of wood I'll never know.:rolleyes:
That Jerkey is mighty toothsome! :madgrin:

That Jerkey is mighty toothsome! :madgrin:
Toothsome. Now THAT's a description indeed. Bill suggested I feed it to the kitties. I snapped off a piece and tossed it to them. They didn't recognize it as food but did have fun batting it across the floor.:becky:

Toothsome. Now THAT's a description indeed. Bill suggested I feed it to the kitties. I snapped off a piece and tossed it to them. They didn't recognize it as food but did have fun batting it across the floor.:becky:

(Tossing a piece to my cats as I type) They are sniffing it.. a couple of bats... they walked away. Where is that dog??

At least ONE of your jars survived Rob! You beat me to it on posting the product tag. :becky: Why it was attached to a piece of wood I'll never know.:rolleyes:

I just heard from Bill that both your jars exploded! It must be those Yee-Haw Aussie mail carriers.

Actually, my mail carrier threw mine over the gate because I was out of town. :crazy:
The Spirit of the Outback was probably broken by the five foot drop to the concrete.

As some of you recall, SmokinAussie offered some jerky samples to the first few people who requested them. I just returned from the mountains today and guess what was sitting on my doorstep? Bill Himself!

Now the Outback Spirit wasn't quite powerful enough to make the trip all the way over the pond but I'm sure looking forward to eating that Signature Jerky as well as slathering VegeMite Cheesy Bite spread on my next funnel cake. Thanks Bill!!!

Damn shame about the Outback Spirit... That's a tough little jar... Should not have busted.. Everything busted in Guerry's parcel. Does the US postal service drive an M1 Tank over all incoming parcels????:confused:

Anyway, the Cheesy Bite is a new kind of Vegemite... much milder than the real thing. It's just new here in Australia and I thought it might be worth a try over there...

Glad it came through... the label is a bit of a Joke... Great to have a print shop and some design skills... the Jerky however is terrible... I recommended Guerry use it as a Kitty Snack!

Thanks for the post Rob!

Cheers!

Bill

Wow, now I have something to look forward to when I get back home besides the 100+ degree temperatures! Looks great Bill!

You asked me not to send you any, as you were off to Europe... so nothing is waiting for you.

As it turns out, that's probably a good thing.

The second batch of Jerky is ready... and it's GOOOOOOOD... and now I know that each postie in the US jumps on every package with Jack Boots before putting the crushed result in the letterbox... or jumps on it, and just chucks it over the fence... or lines up your front door like he's a pitcher for the Red Sox...:cool:...

Well, I'll be registering the post next time, like Rob did for me. I got it all, banged up, but nothing busted...

Will ship next week.... Gore.. PM, me your address... still have not got it...

Cheers!

Bill

Last edited:
You asked me not to send you any, as you were off to Europe... so nothing is waiting for you.

As it turns out, that's probably a good thing.

The second batch of Jerky is ready... and it's GOOOOOOOD... and now I know that each postie in the US jumps on every package with Jack Boots before putting the crushed result in the letterbox... or jumps on it, and just chucks it over the fence... or lines up your front door like he's a pitcher for the Red Sox...:cool:...

Well, I'll be registering the post next time, like Rob did for me. I got it all, banged up, but nothing busted...

Will ship next week.... Gore.. PM, me your address... still have not got it...

Cheers!

Bill

There's no rush here Bill, and you did tell me to wait for the second batch, which was so much better. It'll be a month yet before I'm back and then I'm off again three days later. I don't want the housesitter getting terrified if it arrives early. Never had trouble with the US mail myself. Canada was another story....

Back