Contest Announcment Bar•B•Q Pit Norwalk CT Sept.11,12 & 13

gb7488

Reaction score
Hi All,
Seems we never got a chance to introduce our event properly
Let me tell you about The Bar•B•Q Pit at The Oyster Festival…

About The Oyster Festival…

• Established in 1975 and has run for 33 consecutive years @ Veterans Park, Nor walk, CT
  • Operated by the Norwalk Seaport Association, a nonprofit educational/environmental group and owner of the Sheffield Island Lighthouse
  • Estimated annual attendance of 40,000-50,000+
  • 125+ juried craft vendors
  • 13 food booths operated by local nonprofits
  • Kids cove entertainment includes over 20 rides for all ages, children’s entertainment, circus acts in the big top tent
  • Continuous live entertainment; local, regional & national performers
  • New England Village containing over 40 business entities marketing a variety of products & services
About the Exchange Club…

• Part of the National Exchange Club since 1946
  • All proceeds raised are donated to local charities focusing primarily on prevention and treatment of child abuse, scholarships, and local community projects
  • While this is our first BBQ competition, we have extensive
  • experience at running large public events like…
  • Thirty three years at the Oyster Festival operating the New ``England Clambake” tent. We generate about $80,000 in revenue
  • selling lobsters, crabs, mussels etc.
  • Over twenty years running the Norwalk Classic Car Show…over 3,000 people and 400 antique cars
  • Norwalk Boat Show…operate all liquor refreshment booths
About The BBQ Pit….

• An opportunity to showcase your skill before about 50,000 people
  • 3 days filled with competitions that offer 68 cash prize categories(plus 4 Hog prizes)…that’s 68 opportunities to win cash prizes.
  • Prize money paid to the 10th place
  • Total cash prizes…$20,100!!! State Championship
  • Total payout is over 100% of entry fees!!!
  • BBQ “ambassadors” …we are assigning one member of our team for each 15 contestants…problems or questions…we’re there to serve you.
  • Free electricity & water service at your site…safe & convenient
  • Complete sanitary facilities where you need t hem…
  • $20,100 cash prizes !!! State Championship
  • Free Oysters for each team
  • Discount tickets for kid’s rides
  • Custom one of a kind trophies
  • Open, convenient location to move your equipment
  • Free, continuous shuttle services for runs to markets, vehicles, beverage stores
  • $20,100 in cash prizes!!!! State Championship
  • Friday night welcome party food, entertainment, drinks, & oysters
  • Saturday morning breakfast…
  • Sunday morning breakfast…..
  • Real discounted hotel room rates…
  • Ice on the field
  • Keg Delivery Service
The BBQ Pit Philosophy and Objectives
1. First and foremost…give the competitors what they want
2. Offer major prize money opportunities
3. Create a world class event
4. Become the top event in the Atlantic States region
5. Provide more services20and more prizes every year

Revised Application includes:
Package Pricing
No Cost for the Chicken Wing contest
www.Norwalkbbq.com

when i click on the link does not work it says

Document Not Found

I had the pleasure of meeting the board for this comp saturday morning in CT. There is no doubt in my mind that this contest will be first class. The group of people running it are very involved and truly care about the competitors.

There are so many extras that no other contest I have ever been to offer to there teams.

The location cannot be beat IMO.

Please read and hear what they have to say and go to this competition, you will be blown away by care and effort put into this.

This in my mind will be the east coast RITZ of comps.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I have contact with the board and would be happy to pass on any comments or questions.

Thanks everyone and see you in Norwalk, CT.

I had the pleasure of meeting the board for this comp saturday morning in CT. There is no doubt in my mind that this contest will be first class. The group of people running it are very involved and truly care about the competitors.

There are so many extras that no other contest I have ever been to offer to there teams.

The location cannot be beat IMO.

Please read and hear what they have to say and go to this competition, you will be blown away by care and effort put into this.

This in my mind will be the east coast RITZ of comps.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I have contact with the board and would be happy to pass on any comments or questions.

Thanks everyone and see you in Norwalk, CT.

Last edited:
You are getting a lot for the money. I sat down and went over everything. If you put everything together and the total prize money opps you have to win, 350 is actually cheap for this comp. You really need to see the prize money break down.

You are getting a lot for the money. I sat down and went over everything. If you put everything together and the total prize money opps you have to win, 350 is actually cheap for this comp. You really need to see the prize money break down.
Is that money guaranteed or is it based on entry fees?

You are going to travel all the way out to KC and not cook the Open?
Yep. I have to be back home by Monday afternoon.Some queer eye bbq guys might be in my space and cook the open after I leave

Back