Winningest Comp Team

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

Who do you think are the teams that are most likely to win when they show up at an event?

If you were handicapping a field of competitors, who would you think 'if so and so shows up, they have a good chance of winning'?

I know that Myron has the well deserved unofficial title. I'm not trying to pull anything away from that. I'm just trying to figure out who out there in the land of BBQ has been consistently kicking butt (no pun intended) for the past 24 months or so.

As a follow up, are there any teams that you would like to see interviewed about competition BBQ?

Thanks!

Eric

Anybody can win on any given day.

The consistent teams are typically called where I am. Like to see Hardway BBQ, Little Pig Town and Butchers BBQ at a comp, just to name a few. Not only are they consistent, they're all good guys.

I second lakeside, always a threat. Don't underestimate just because they are some of the nicest people you can meet :) smokin cracker can take months of and still come out and win like he did this past weekend in lakeland spanking the rest of the field by 10 points.2010 he won by 20 points over rgc. Jacked up could win every weekend if he didn't suck so bad at ribs

r2bQ are sleepers. when he puts his mind too it, he gets calls in KC too!

From a purely handicapping stand point, you'd need to look at a few variables. History, competition experience, regions and a team's past 5-10 results will speak volumes on how a team "might" place in a particular contest.

Besides those factors, there is always a dark horse that can sometimes sneak up to win a competition.

It really is anyone's ballgame....according to the judges.

In my region, I'd have to say the consistent winners are Cool Smoke, Chix, Swine and Bovine, PA Midnight Smokers, 3Eyz, Old Dominion Smokehouse, Dizzy Pig, and whole bunch of others that are making some noise. Then again, anyone can put together a consistent cook across the board and do well.

A few perennial heavy hitters that compete out here in the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains/SW area...

Burnin' Bob's Butts & Bones, 4 Legs Up, Buffalos BBQ, Sweet Peppers, Rhythm 'n' Q, Parrothead Smokers, Smokin' Triggers

There is no way this thread should have gotten this long without mentioning the 2 at the top right now. Bub-ba-Q and Quau. If they show up they have a chance to win anywhere.

I dont think that anyone is even in their zip code over the last 2 years.

Munching Hogs, Quau, Pellet Envy, Cool Smoke, Buffalo, Jack's, Rhythm n Q and Smokin Clone. There are quite a few I could add. But these guys have been doing it for years and still aren't letting up. So for all my boys I didn't list, no disrespect. Hell I could have a list 25 teams long.

I would add Blazen BBQ (Ronnie Wade) he won his 100 Grand Champion in late 2011 & that is including many KCBS events and a host of others.

I would say QUAU, SYD, and team accent Lake side smokers, parrot head smokers, buffaloes, and whatever team chris harts name is on. 10 years going to the jack solidifys my view on that. And then my boy scottie at cancer sucks, has won all across the country and is just a solid guy. (Not meant solid as in your weight):-D

Without a doubt the Winningest Comp Team lately has to be Munching Hogs @ The Hilton - it's hard to argue with two KCBS team of the year titles.

Here in the Midwest, the teams that seem to consistently get calls and GC's are Munching Hogs @ The Hilton, Swine Assassins, Quau, Butchers & Pellet Envy, but you can never count out Smoke on Wheels, Ribs for You, or Buffalo. Have to say, you really earn a GC when you see these teams in the field.

All that are said above plus......as for Iowa contests it is hard to ignore tippycanoe right now and big t'z.....both are normally at or.near the top!

I echo what Lucky Duk said - Tippi and Big Tz were powerhouses last year, and Lucky Duk himself was a consistent high finisher. Add to that list the Swine Assassins and
Minnesota's Team of the Year winner, Shiggin and Grinnin.

o

The subject of this thread is to easy. All of these teams are well known and cook many contests. I think a better topic would be who is on the verge of winning, unknown teams etc. The let's say 5 or less contests per year guy. Like swamp pit.

Back