The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Food Handling and Awareness (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New Trailer in the works (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160192)

Dyce51 05-26-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBellyBBQ (Post 2490640)
NSF and eliminate the problem anywhere you go...

That is what it boiling down to....oh and a commercially built trailer!

Dyce51 05-26-2013 07:31 AM

Here's the newest thing.....I talked to the HD once again just to ask a few questions....The inspector now asks me "Do you know "so-n-so" that owns "such-n-such" meat market.....I say no but I know his brother....the HD inspector tells me to go talk to them....they have a BBQ Concession trailer and they could answer my questions better......WTF?!?!?!

Go talk to the future "competition" to see what the HD wants???? Boy-oh-Boy...this is NOT gonna be as much fun as I thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told the HD I a Lang84 used that I was looking at.....the said it's painted so I cannot use it!?!? ggggggrrrrrrrrr

I want the first inspector I talked to back!! She was way more relaxed...lol

Dyce51 05-26-2013 07:33 AM

There is a guy here in my town that has a BBBOOOOOOOMMMMMING roadside BBQ biz going....I think I may have to have BBQ for lunch today and see if I can pick his brain a bit!!! This guy has a line at his trailer every freaking weekend!

Teltum 05-29-2013 10:10 AM

Dude, you are in Medina Co. They have their heads way up their butts. You may wanna try taking to the guy who vends ribs off 42 in Medina right across from the Wal-Greens. He isn't mobile but cooks out of what looks to be a 55 gal drum. I still visit Medina quite a bit, and haven't seen any vendors that do sandwich trucks or trailers. Last one I remember in Brunswick was Buddy's Auctions.

I am orignally from Medina, so once you get it cooking let me know!

Dyce51 05-31-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teltum (Post 2497266)
Dude, you are in Medina Co. They have their heads way up their butts. You may wanna try taking to the guy who vends ribs off 42 in Medina right across from the Wal-Greens. He isn't mobile but cooks out of what looks to be a 55 gal drum. I still visit Medina quite a bit, and haven't seen any vendors that do sandwich trucks or trailers. Last one I remember in Brunswick was Buddy's Auctions.

I am orignally from Medina, so once you get it cooking let me know!

I will check him out this weekend. Thanks! There is a guy in Brunswick that sets up on 42 where the old feed and seed was at as well that I am going to talk to. I will let ya know once I get going!

smokeworker 05-31-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyce51 (Post 2489714)
Oh BOY the ball game just changed up on me!! A different inspector from the Health Dept. called me back today........She just changed everything on me!! She is now telling me that I cannot build my own smoker!! She says that welded joints are NOT allowed..?..?.. she says that the smoker needs to be stainless....she has really CONFUSED me now!!! I thought I had the details figured out with the Health Dept then came a different inspector.... UUUUMMMM So I asked her about a Lang60 or a Lang84 and she said I need to submit a detailed spec sheet from the manufacturer with all material grades and info to see if it will be ok.....I'm gonna go totally bald by the end of this!!!!!GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing....we are totally legit, but they almost beg people not to do business. What county are you in?

smokeworker 05-31-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyce51 (Post 2470673)
I am in the beginning stages of building a BBQ Concession/Catering trailer. I am building one styled after the Southern Yankee BBQ Shack trailers. The trailer I have is a 14' long (I may extend it a bit and move the axles not too sure yet) The split up I'm thinking is 5' for the smoker open area and 9' for the enclosed kitchen area. I'm planning to build my own smoker/cooker but not sure what size to go with. I'm leaning toward using a 120 gallon compressor tank (74"L and 29"D) with an offset firebox reverse flow design. Do you guys think the 120 gallon tank will be too small?? That 2146 sq cooking area on 1 shelf and slightly less on the upper shelf so with 2 cook shelves in it thats around 4000 sq cooking area. (top shelf removable so I can still roast a pig as well.) Looking at doing a few local Festivals and also Catering.

Check your inbox

Smoke House Moe 06-04-2013 01:07 PM

Driving from Minneapolis to Houston this weekend...and back.
The old man and I are picking up our Pitmaker Vault Trailer.

Reviews will be posted in another new thread.