• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Price?

When I sell concessions I cut them to a St Louis and sell for $21 a rack and sell the tips for $6. I really don't like doing ribs anymore, there is not much money in them as compared to other items that could be taking up the space on a cooker.

I have some people i know wanting me to do some for them. So what do u charge to do whole spare each?

What Hog Back said. I'll cater them for a $2 per person adder, but the money is in pulled pork and chopped beef when vending.

I have some people i know wanting me to do some for them. So what do u charge to do whole spare each?

You dont charge to cook a spare, you charge for the whole thing or dont charge at all.
Rack of ribs vending go $20 and at the raunt $24.

Is it worth your time to cook a couple few racks for 10 bucks per rack?

Rule of thumb in the food business, take cost add $1 then multiply by 3. This covers everything plus gives you decent profit. I leave slabs whole. That puts mine at $18 a slab.

Couldn't agree more with the advice given. But as someone mentioned your money ain't in the ribs. Last year I did several butts for people for the holidays. Many people have gotten away from the traditional meal (Turkey, Ham etc.) during the holidays and gone toward different things. I cooked about 12 butts for people last year and made a very good profit. Then this past summer I did some ribs and the profit margin just ain't as good. :thumb:

Couldn't agree more with the advice given. But as someone mentioned your money ain't in the ribs. Last year I did several butts for people for the holidays. Many people have gotten away from the traditional meal (Turkey, Ham etc.) during the holidays and gone toward different things. I cooked about 12 butts for people last year and made a very good profit. Then this past summer I did some ribs and the profit margin just ain't as good. :thumb:

I agree, butts and shoulders will net the most. For some reason in my area, people have gone nuts. They will pay $18-$22 a slab and bow up over $20-$25 for a butt let alone $30+ for a shoulder. I had some good luck doing fresh hams like I do shoulders. I have found the hams cheaper to buy than a shoulder at times.

Back