The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Its Official Shirley Order has been Placed. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235822)

BBQDaddio 08-29-2016 12:32 PM

Its Official Shirley Order has been Placed.

Excited super Excited. After a few weeks of back and forth emails with Paul payment has been sent and received. The best part was the wifey actually paid the deposit. :becky::clap2::becky::becky::becky::becky:

Its been a few months now of looking at Shirley photos and threads to finally get a build together. Looked a lot at Pauls - Cooker build (PJtexas1) and Jason (Jason TQ) as a template along with a few others.

The current build spec after what feels like 500 changes is:

24" by 55" Cabinet Model w/ Warmer and Insulated Firebox Modified Trailer

+ Stainless Steel shelf in front of cook chamber
+ Straight Back Elevated w/ 3 Grates in cook chamber
+ Warmer w/ 3 grates-
+ Hip Roof on warmer
+ Folding shelf for side of warmer
+ 2 welded rods on top of cook chamber and warmer (got this idea from Scott Allen (thegrimguy)
+ 3 Temperature probes
+ Both Dampers
+ Wood basket in back of cook chamber
+ 3 tubes for holding large umbrella

Please guys let me know if I may be missing something. Probably going to ask Paul to add a ash pan for the firebox.

Still debating if I should add burners.

Wanted to thank Sako (SSV3) was debating between Shirley and a LSG vertical offset that I was interested in a few years back and Sako answered all of my questions and than some. In the end he said it will probably be a once in a life time purchase, so just go with what you want.

Thanks everyone for all the threads, photos and comments through out the years. I learned so much and now feel confident on taking a new challenge with wood cooking.:becky:

Vince

Stlsportster 08-29-2016 12:36 PM

Damn, I'm jealous! Congrats and cant wait to see pron of the break in and first cook!

Hotch 08-29-2016 12:36 PM

Congrats on the new Shirley.

tcv21 08-29-2016 01:11 PM

Congrats on your new purchase!

doubt3 08-29-2016 02:15 PM

Congrats!

Bonewagon 08-29-2016 02:22 PM

Can't wait to see the pics when it's done. :thumb:

Ham14 08-29-2016 02:27 PM

Congrats.

lwdbo1 08-29-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQDaddio (Post 3635699)
Excited super Excited. After a few weeks of back and forth emails with Paul payment has been sent and received. The best part was the wifey actually paid the deposit. :becky::clap2::becky::becky::becky::becky:

Its been a few months now of looking at Shirley photos and threads to finally get a build together. Looked a lot at Pauls - Cooker build (PJtexas1) and Jason (Jason TQ) as a template along with a few others.

The current build spec after what feels like 500 changes is:

24" by 55" Cabinet Model w/ Warmer and Insulated Firebox Modified Trailer

+ Stainless Steel shelf in front of cook chamber
+ Straight Back Elevated w/ 3 Grates in cook chamber
+ Warmer w/ 3 grates-
+ Hip Roof on warmer
+ Folding shelf for side of warmer
+ 2 welded rods on top of cook chamber and warmer (got this idea from Scott Allen (thegrimguy)
+ 3 Temperature probes
+ Both Dampers
+ Wood basket in back of cook chamber
+ 3 tubes for holding large umbrella

Please guys let me know if I may be missing something. Probably going to ask Paul to add a ash pan for the firebox.

Still debating if I should add burners.

Wanted to thank Sako (SSV3) was debating between Shirley and a LSG vertical offset that I was interested in a few years back and Sako answered all of my questions and than some. In the end he said it will probably be a once in a life time purchase, so just go with what you want.

Thanks everyone for all the threads, photos and comments through out the years. I learned so much and now feel confident on taking a new challenge with wood cooking.:becky:

Vince

Congrats !!!

You will have PLENTY of time to figure out if ur missing anything or want to add/ change something :becky:

When is she suppose to be done?

fleihr 08-29-2016 02:52 PM

congrats on the new cooker

BBQDaddio 08-29-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwdbo1 (Post 3635792)
Congrats !!!

You will have PLENTY of time to figure out if ur missing anything or want to add/ change something :becky:

When is she suppose to be done?

Thank you. Paul gave me a rough time table of beginning of summer. I'm pretty sure they are swamped so dont mind waiting extra 1-2 weeks. That is what I'm saying now but come next year may be a different story. hahaha:becky:

Vince

BBQDaddio 08-29-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcv21 (Post 3635724)
Congrats on your new purchase!

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubt3 (Post 3635775)
Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonewagon (Post 3635781)
Can't wait to see the pics when it's done. :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham14 (Post 3635787)
Congrats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleihr (Post 3635823)
congrats on the new cooker

Thank you. Still a little nervous but cant wait. Hoping the year flies by.
Definitely once shes here pictures will be uploaded. :becky:

Vince

Stingerhook 08-29-2016 03:03 PM

Would your wife mind paying the deposit on one for me? Congrats.

JohnH12 08-29-2016 03:18 PM

I can only imagine what you'll go through for the next several months. I just got my new Lang after 6 weeks of torture while drooling over everyone elses pits.
I looked seriously at the Shirleys but at my age can't wait that long for anything.
I just got it this past weekend and now may have to wait for the new tropical storm to pass before I can actually cook anything.
I think both are great cookers and you'll be thrilled when you can finally fire it up!

pjtexas1 08-29-2016 03:31 PM

Awesome setup! Glad you got it just the way you want. I would trade my burner for that ss shelf on the side of the warmer and umbrella holders. Didn't see those until way after mine was built.

BBQ Freak 08-29-2016 03:52 PM

congrats and with the year wait you will have plenty of time to change your order a million times . you will see pics in the future on other pits and go I never seen that and got to have that too or that is how it was for me .