The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, NY - Oct 24-26, 2008 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45312)

Frank Sacco 10-06-2008 09:57 PM

Blazin' Buttz or Blazin Butts

It all sounds the same to me!?!?

motoeric 10-07-2008 01:51 PM

Important announcement

The last date for applications and checks to be accepted for competitors is Wednesday, Oct. 15th. This is the date the application must be AT the Chamber of Commerce. That is not the postmark date.

If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

[email protected]

motoeric 10-09-2008 04:41 PM

Hello!

As I hope that you are aware, we are working with Breast Cancer Help as our charity of choice at the Battle of the BBQ Brethren.

A number of very generous donations were made to the charity for raffles to be held over the weekend. We would like to take a minute to thank the donors and let you know what is being raffled off.

There is one caveat. This is a list of what is PLANNED to be raffled. As some of the items are not yet in hand I am not guaranteeing that everything will be there. I will update as things arrive.

On with the show:

Large Big Green Egg with Eggcessories from Big Green Egg

Open Range Smoker from Ace of Hearts BBQ

UDS from Shane and Wyatt (2 very generous members of the BBQ Brethren)

Thermometers from Thermoworks

Thermometers from Maverick

Various Sauces

Various BBQ Related Books

If you would like to donate something for the raffles your effort would be greatly appreciated. If you know someone that we should contact, please let us know.

Eric

SmokeInDaEye 10-09-2008 07:10 PM

Great work, eric! I can ask around for some other donations.

motoeric 10-09-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye (Post 754808)
Great work, eric! I can ask around for some other donations.

Thank you and I appreciate the sentiment, but all credit goes to the kind people that were willing to reach out and donate for this great cause.

Eric

deez20 10-09-2008 11:56 PM

Those are some pretty nice raffle prizes. Hopefully this year I put the correct half of my tickets in the prize bag instead of keeping the portion with my name and number on it like I did last year.

bbqdavarrow 10-10-2008 09:00 AM

Eric,
I would be willing to donate a banner.
dave/red planet bbq
arrow printing & signs

Lakeside Smoker 10-10-2008 10:36 AM

Last year most of us teams donated a few bottles of rub or sauces, a team shirt, or whatever. We put together some real nice baskets and they raffled them off. We should all do the same this year. I'm in for some rub, and some team shirts.

Mike

motoeric 10-10-2008 02:01 PM

This is NOT mandatory and it's not even suggested. I just want to keep everyone in the loop.

There will be a LARGE kids costume parade at the Sayville Fall Festival. Many of those kids may be coming through the park with their parents.

You may want to keep a bag of halloween candy on hand if you are into that sort of stuff.

Eric

Jacked UP BBQ 10-10-2008 02:21 PM

Man, I better take out a second mortage for this comp:) ! When is the cooks meeting for the grilling, I am in that also but I don't want to come until saturday morning, so I can get one more shower in!!!!!

pigmaker23 10-10-2008 10:24 PM

i have the two smokey joe weber grills that we can stuff the sauces and items into like last year, I will get them to Eric D this week

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakeside Smoker (Post 755174)
Last year most of us teams donated a few bottles of rub or sauces, a team shirt, or whatever. We put together some real nice baskets and they raffled them off. We should all do the same this year. I'm in for some rub, and some team shirts.

Mike

rbsnwngs 10-11-2008 07:05 AM

you can have as much sauce and rub as you would like from me let me know where to bring it

motoeric 10-11-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledneck (Post 750630)
How about a sauce category as well?

If you would like to see how a judge would respond to a sauce you are working on, that is what this is designed for. The 'experiment' slot that Linda is volunteering is exactly for this purpose.

Eric

deez20 10-12-2008 12:14 AM

I've got a question for the grilling portion. I'm thinking of using fresh salsa with my chef's choice meal, do I need to make it there or can I bring it with me? I guess the same goes for the dessert, can I put all of my dry ingredients together ahead of time and just mix them with the wet when it's time or it all has to be done onsite?

SmokeInDaEye 10-12-2008 11:20 AM

Is this hot dog thing still happening? Any rules? Turn-in time? Prizes?