Garnishment question

River City Smokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Would the use of artificial greenleaf lettuce or parsley be allowed in a KCBS contest? Just wandering. Maybe a rep. on here could tell me. I guess where the rules say "fresh lettuce", it wouldn't be allowed.
4500.JPG

5589.JPG

I'd say it would be disqualified... it's not lettuce, only something made to look like lettuce.

Unless everyone used it you would be marking the box, so my answer would have to be no.

NEXT QUESTION - Should it be voted on and allowed by KCBS? It would sure make contest a lot easier. Seriously, why not? I'm sure that you can get some good looking artefishsell stuff and cleaning and reusing can't be any more risk than the use of fresh when it's not cleaned properly. I would pledge on my honor to always wash in hot as h e l l soapy water asap after turnin. Plus think about the waste of good veggies, we would be good stuarts of our crops to boot. Then too, what about those that think there shouldn't be any garnish (it's a meat contest), it would suit them better too (maybe). OK, here's an idea for the BOD of KCBS - Make everybody use it and your reason is that it looks as good as real and they HAVE TO GET IT FROM THE KCBS (provided at the contest). You make everybodies life easier and you make a profit at the same time.

Back