Bride Said “Master Chef can’t be Real”

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Why, why not?? Because they never take pictures of their food until it’s cold.
Then she asks me to make her nachos.

Chopped Brisket nachos on blue corn tortillas with cheddar smoked Gouda and Green Chile. She ate em all.

Last edited:
I've read that by time the judging/tastings happen, the food is stone cold. It makes me wonder about all of those "cook the steak just right" type of challenges. That's an entirely different level of accounting for carryover cooking.

Not sure if it is real, but it is real boring. Top Chef is the only cooking comp that I watch. Even it has went down hill over the last couple of seasons.

I like hells kitchen better but cannot sit down weekly for a series like that.

the foods gotta taste good cold. it's the same for comp bbq, you almost have to tune your recipe to be good cold

I figured out a long time ago that any "reality show" is quite "unrealistic."

Surprisingly people don't find million dollar paintings in abandoned storage units. Or didn't know what the "mystery ingredients" were ahead of time.

I figured out a long time ago that any "reality show" is quite "unrealistic."

Surprisingly people don't find million dollar paintings in abandoned storage units. Or didn't know what the "mystery ingredients" were ahead of time.

I work with a girl that was on and won Chopped. As per her it is actually legit. She had no clue whatsoever was in the basket and the only thing the cooks get is a 10 minute tour of the kitchen beforehand.

I work with a girl that was on and won Chopped. As per her it is actually legit. She had no clue whatsoever was in the basket and the only thing the cooks get is a 10 minute tour of the kitchen beforehand.

bbqwizard was a chopped champion too.

great guy, is he still posting around here?

bbqwizard was a chopped champion too.

great guy, is he still posting around here?

Yeah, looks like he still logs on but doesn't post much anymore. Think his catering business is doing well, making his own line of rubs, doing more on food network.

Here is his chopped story for anyone who hasn't seen it.

https://chefphillipdell.com/chopped/

I'm not sure what "Master Chef" is, but I'd definitely eat those nachos.
May I have a cold Mine with mine, please?

By “real” she meant all the food she is served is delayed —by me taking photos until it is cold :))

Her subtle way of requesting that I quit taking so damn many food photos.

Looks tasty! I agree with the wife. Master Chef is rigged. There's no way they "organically" ended up with one cook from each mentor in the season finale.

Yeah it seems Chopped is fairly legit. I know there was a fellow on here that went on it fairly recently.

I was just very disenchanted when I learned that on Iron Chef they know what the mystery ingredient is (out of a few options). I thought i'd read that they get a practice round but I can't find anything on that now.

Yeah it seems Chopped is fairly legit. I know there was a fellow on here that went on it fairly recently.

I was just very disenchanted when I learned that on Iron Chef they know what the mystery ingredient is (out of a few options). I thought i'd read that they get a practice round but I can't find anything on that now.

That I'm not surprised as those are entire teams that have to cook that meal. The teams are running way too flawlessly for it to be an impromptu meal.

I enjoy Master Chef and I really enjoy Master Chef Jr. Since I don't have cable/satellite and only get one channel (Fox) that has any cooking shows I had better like Master Chef. For some reason I always miss Hell's Kitchen.

I can't confirm Master Chef but Master Chef Canada is all scripted from who is fighting with who and who is going home each week. A buddy of mine knows one of the cooks that competed on the show a couple years ago. They were told which person they were to fight with and which person to befriend. They were given the weekly recipe the week before. The person going home wasn't given the recipe. It's all made for TV tripe.

Back