The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Concession BBQ Trailer-What do you think? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56279)

Bossmanbbq 02-05-2009 03:56 PM

Concession BBQ Trailer-What do you think?

3 Attachment(s)
Have a guy locally who is selling this for $7500, I'm planning on looking at it but thought I would ask all of you what you think. Thanks!

Bossmanbbq 02-05-2009 04:04 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Here are some other photos I was sent

Bbq Bubba 02-05-2009 04:14 PM

Interesting, but WTF were they thinking putting the firebox inside???

Roo-B-Q'N 02-05-2009 04:28 PM

Does it meet the health codes for your area? Is that a gravity water system, looks like you fill the tank on the roof, where does it drain? Does the steam table work properly?

If you knnow the last name of the business that operated out of it, see if you can find anything related to health permits issued under that business name. If it was ok once it should be ok now unless they have changed the laws.

smokinit 02-05-2009 04:40 PM

It may be quite hot to work in with the fire box inside. It does have potential for that price you could make her the way you want to. Offer less of coarse!! I think it could be a good entry level unit.

C Rocke 02-05-2009 04:43 PM

Just the firebox alone - Not to mention the heat it would create, or the toes it would burn, would be a big part of the decision. Gravity water may not meet the HD requirement for H20 pressure. Axles, bearings, floor, frame, and tires would all be items to check on my list.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke 02-05-2009 04:52 PM

It doesn't look like the BBQ unit has ever been used. Looks like they just cut the end out of the unit and crammed it in there. Wonder how they sealed it so that it can take the heat? Makes me wonder if it will end up leaking in a big rain.

Not even considering the heat question, the placement of the firebox is awful as far as actually cooking.

From what I can see in the pictures, I would be very wary.

Plowboy 02-05-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba (Post 844729)
Interesting, but WTF were they thinking putting the firebox inside???

Especially on the front where you access the smoking chamber. Looks like a crotch burner to me.

lazybonesmoke1 02-05-2009 07:31 PM

What are you planning to do with it? I know sell great bbq but do you have things lined up or are you buying it then looking for places to sell from? $7500 is a good chunk of change. I bought my smoker for about $14,000 but it is lasted me 4 plus years and has produced alot of BBQ.

Spydermike72 02-05-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 844749)
Especially on the front where you access the smoking chamber. Looks like a crotch burner to me.

My thoughts as well!! :shock: ouch!!!

KC_Bobby 02-05-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 844749)

He could add Roasted Rocky Mountain Oysters to the menu.

Against The Grain 02-05-2009 10:33 PM

The pit would have to go and get re-fitted. The ladder goes over the pit, it would have to go too.

hossrocks 02-05-2009 11:59 PM

Even though its old, it has charm!!!! lol, the marqee windows alone are expensive. If everything in it works as it is supposed to $7500 isn't that bad at all. Price out what it would cost you build a new one. $7500 is a drop in the bucket. Even if you do have to rework the smoker and the water system. I would unload that rack up top... Bridges and overpasses might be an issue.
Is that a fire suppression system in the photo or a gas assist fire starter or both?

parrothead 02-06-2009 07:40 AM

Pit inside would be a no vote for me as well. Yikes!

smokinit 02-06-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hossrocks (Post 844961)
Even though its old, it has charm!!!! lol, the marqee windows alone are expensive. If everything in it works as it is supposed to $7500 isn't that bad at all. Price out what it would cost you build a new one. $7500 is a drop in the bucket. Even if you do have to rework the smoker and the water system. I would unload that rack up top... Bridges and overpasses might be an issue.
Is that a fire suppression system in the photo or a gas assist fire starter or both?

I have built one in a truck as you know 30k plus. I think as shell and the windows and counter alone are worth that. Just price out an enclosed trailer that size. Build it the way you want it and you will still be ahead of the game.