The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Major Disappointment (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122652)

tish 12-22-2011 11:34 AM

Major Disappointment

Was all set to go out and make pizza for my son on the smoker, and found that the dang pizza stone doesn't fit! Chit!! The Keg is 18.5" and the stone is 15"x15" square. It never occurred to me that it would be a problem, but it is. If I had gotten the round one, it would have worked. But I got the square one because I had been told it's much more versatile than the round one, and I thought 15" is 15", so what difference would it make? It made a difference. :eusa_clap:tsk::roll:

Well, I'll still make pizza for the kid. We'll just have to do it in the oven, is all. I'll send the stone back and get the round one. Dang!! :tsk:

Boshizzle 12-22-2011 11:40 AM

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/pi...pictureid=4462

goro25 12-22-2011 11:46 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...baf74d63f9.png

And you thought you'd never use Geometry again. :-P

PatAttack 12-22-2011 11:48 AM

Bummer!:mad2:

I'm sure the pizza you cook for him, Tish, he will enjoy immensely!

Thank the fella' for his Service and have a Merry Christmas!

brickie 12-22-2011 11:54 AM

Yep, since dad made it that is all that will matter.

brickie

BBQ Bandit 12-22-2011 12:03 PM

Alton Brown doesn't need a pizza stone... just sayin'.

Good Eats S14E05 Flat Is Beautiful V 1 of 3 - YouTube

Good Eats S14E05 Flat Is Beautiful V 2 of 3 - YouTube

Good Eats S14E05 Flat Is Beautiful V 3 of 3 - YouTube

Or you could watch the whole thing...
Good Eats - Flat is Beautiful V Grilled Pizza [Full - HD Quality] - YouTube

Boshizzle 12-22-2011 12:07 PM

Thanks, Bandit!

That may be the way to go with pizza on the keg, Tish. Just flip the grate over so the flat, broad sides of the grates are facing up. And, if you have a diffuser, use it to deflect the direct heat.

Carbon 12-22-2011 12:14 PM

My wife prefers Domino's pizza than mine.

BBQ Bandit 12-22-2011 12:16 PM

Tish... you should be ok... you do have a multiple choice question.

A. Gas
B. Lump

(Do you have a diffuser for the keg? Should be good for fire roasted pizza ~ )

Just as Bo suggested, flip over the cast iron grate... flat and smooth surfaces. :thumb:
Crank her up somewhere between 500*-600*... and don't walk away from it once the pizza is on.

(Some have turbo-toasted over 700* - not recommended the first time out)

Groundhog66 12-22-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon (Post 1888445)
My wife prefers Domino's pizza than mine.

Oh damn, you are obviously doing something wrong :heh:

Kathy's Smokin' 12-22-2011 12:23 PM

Nothing like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. My deepest condolences. I like the solution offered with the Bubba Keg, good work, brethren.

Boshizzle 12-22-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy's Smokin' (Post 1888455)
Nothing like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.

In the US Army, they call that officer material.

BBQ Bandit 12-22-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy's Smokin' (Post 1888455)
Nothing like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. My deepest condolences. I like the solution offered with the Bubba Keg, good work, brethren.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boshizzle (Post 1888458)

The solution: Depends how big the hole is.:thumb:

deguerre 12-22-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boshizzle (Post 1888458)

Unless you were a pilot in the Army Air Corps...you treated your Ground Crew REALLY well if you wanted to stay aloft...

Boshizzle 12-22-2011 12:50 PM

Don't you ever watch the Jetsons?

After a ten minute space ride (everyone protests the grueling trip!), George arrives at Camp Nebula to find that Mr. Spacely turns out to be the commanding officer—and so the nightmare comes true.

His first order to everyone is: "Take the men to the indoctrination center!" And off they go. Spacely asks: "who wants to be the first to be indoctrinated?" Of course George is chosen. It begins with a buzz haircut, a medical exam, and an eye exam. Then comes the IQ exam, which George passes because he is able to put square pegs in square holes and round pegs in round holes.

The next person takes the same IQ test, and breaks the machine after trying to cram a square peg in a round hold. The robot machine in charge announces, "original thinking shows leadership potential" and tags him "officer material . . . congratulations!"