Non Sanctioned Local event--May 20th, 21st

Solidkick

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Several local teams that will be cooking the BoCo fair will be doing a non sanctioned cookoff the weekend of May 20-21 at the Tiger Shrine building.

$100.00 entry fee........be a good time for some to get their feet wet at a low cost.

St. Louis guys, are you in?

It'll be a great time, that's for sure!

If anyone has questions, contact myself, or BellyBro, or BellyBrotherII and we'll try to get you more information. Dunno if Spicewine is cooking this one, but he may be a source of information too.

One of our Brethren, Jamey (LazyQ Acres) is (I believe) the contest organizer.

Non-sanctioned are fun! Half the time the judges don't know 'que from ALPO! :D

Go for it - good entry fee and local bragging rights! :D That's worth a lot.

Following the "rules" and having CERTIFIED judges are two different things! :D

The Defending Grand Champions ( Team Q ) will be there. This is a MOFO MUST !!!! It is a great opportunity for us Brothers to get together. This is the last contest for my Big Red Smoker !! It has a new home in Seattle Washington.

Last Years Results (Spicewine's Team Q )

1st. Place Ribs

1st. Place Pork

1st. Place Brisket

3rd. Place Chicken

Best Of Show

Butts and briskets are bought........I'll be making up some of the "secret weapon" rub tomorrow evening. It looks like the weather will be good, maybe a little cold early Saturday morning (I think high 40s). I'm ready! Let's cook something!

Butts and briskets are bought........I'll be making up some of the "secret weapon" rub tomorrow evening. It looks like the weather will be good, maybe a little cold early Saturday morning (I think high 40s). I'm ready! Let's cook something!

Best of Luck Brother, Bring home the Gold!!!

smokem

spicewine said:
The Defending Grand Champions ( Team Q ) will be there. This is a MOFO MUST !!!! It is a great opportunity for us Brothers to get together. This is the last contest for my Big Red Smoker !! It has a new home in Seattle Washington.

Last Years Results (Spicewine's Team Q )

1st. Place Ribs

1st. Place Pork

1st. Place Brisket

3rd. Place Chicken

Best Of Show

sounds like you own this contest spice man!!!
Your the one to knock off!!! Good luck Smoke well!!!
Have some great fun guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Spice if the new owner doesn't mind I would like to get a close look at your cooker.
Let me know.
Jim

Jay--gonna be a hard act to follow last year :lol:
But, you can do it!
Wishing ya the best.

TIM

It was a very small contest last year. I am hopeing that all of the Missouri Brothers show up this year. It will be very difficult . Belly Bros, Chicken Pig and Natural Born Grillers are all very good at what they do! They will be bringing their A Game I'm sure.

Not to self: Pack the Hillbilly Horseshoe game so I can beat Spice at something this weekend.

Rub is made, and also made a new jug of "MoFo Show Stopper" BBQ sauce, (KC it has a name now........) 8)

I'm trying to stay relaxed, I'm gonna try to enjoy this one.......

BellyBro, bring the washers game.......I think I can take Jay in that........ :wink:

Have fun guys. Small, local, non-sanctioned event is the only type of comp I've ever done. We have a blast.

OUCH!!!! Just got SPANKED by the Belly Brothers cooking team. We had a very disapointing finish to this contest but thought our turn in's were pretty good (will post pix of turn in's). Congrats Guys & Sweet T we look forward to a rematch in July

Kick-----Keep an eye out for us.

Shiver Me Timbers Mod.

Spice

spicewine said:
OUCH!!!! Just got SPANKED by the Belly Brothers cooking team. We had a very disapointing finish to this contest but thought our turn in's were pretty good (will post pix of turn in's). Congrats Guys & Sweet T we look forward to a rematch in July

Kick-----Keep an eye out for us.

Shiver Me Timbers Mod.

Spice

ARGH!!
Thank you brother, matie!! LOL (we'll explain later)

The MoFo Brethren site visitors had a pretty successful weekend. Spice posted he was disapointed, but what I saw of his food, it looked very good. Thanks for being such a gracious host Friday evening, we all had a great time!

Big Un's BBQ received an honarable mention for brisket, a nice accomplishment. Mark, I'm proud of you!!

Chick-N-Pig BBQ got the walks started off when Skip's son, Samuel, took 1st place in the 11 and under kids Q. That, my freinds, was a kodak moment, and I hope we get a picture posted of his walk!! I was so happy for him. WTG Samuel!!
Skip faired very well, 1st in ribs, and I believe 3rd in pork. Father and son both got to walk at the same contest!!

The Belly Brothers had an unbelievable day........

2nd in chicken
3rd in ribs
2nd in pork
1st in brisket

And Grand Champion

This was a totally awesome feeling, for the team to take the walk 5 times. Unlike Charleston, where we thought things went pretty smooth, but no money, I thought maybe we struggled a bit today. All of us are excited about our placings.
My wife, Sweet T, even got in on the walk, picking up the award for brisket. A team victory..........

It was a great time, and it certainly is fun to win one!

Back