Townline BBQ : Hamptons,NY ??

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
Does any LI Brethren know anything about a place in the Hamptons called Townline BBQ ?

A friend of mine called me a while ago and said that while spending the day out there they had BBQ from a place called Townline BBQ. He thought the barbecue was horrible and even felt a little sick later on but it went away.

I never heard of the place.

Anyone ?

Yup....Just opened.....A former boberquing member of our group works there, from what I've heard. Used to be a restaurant called Allison's by the Beach and was vacant for years. They turned it into a rustic, wood shack kind of place with a communal handwash station and the popular Texas Meat Market vibe.....

Eh.....I'll probably check it out someday. Newsday gave it a very tepid opening review........

Something goin on out in Sagaponack, but I would be skeptical....
good PR though.

A comfortable, unpretentious atmosphere will be sensed upon entering, suggesting customers to “leave their titles at the door.” To emphasize the basics of enjoying the “Q” with one’s hands, a hand washing station will hold court in the center of the dining room. As well, to allow ease of taking your leftovers home, a wrapping station will also be present in the dining room. The menu will be hung over the ordering counter on a black chalkboard featuring magnetic letters listing the items...An open kitchen will offer customers the ability to see the pit master working the smoker, while aromas waft into the dining room. Wherever possible at Townline BBQ an effort will be made to keep it “green.” They will be composting and using the compost to supply local farms. From the paper products to the dishwasher, they are committed to being conscious to the environment.

Does any LI Brethren know anything about a place in the Hamptons called Townline BBQ ?

A friend of mine called me a while ago and said that while spending the day out there they had BBQ from a place called Townline BBQ. He thought the barbecue was horrible and even felt a little sick later on but it went away.

I never heard of the place.

Anyone ?

Bob Devine is supposed to be the head chef out there.

road trip!!!!

I'll try anything once.

Thanks guys. I did a few google searches. One link said a guy named Joe Realmuto is the pitmaster/chef...not Bob. I don't know the story there.

Sled - You driving ???

Vinny,

I only believe half of what I see and half of what I hear???

Steve, you have to go right past where I live to get there.

Thanks guys. I did a few google searches. One link said a guy named Joe Realmuto is the pitmaster/chef...not Bob. I don't know the story there.

That's why I mentioned that he worked there, not that he was the pitmaster. Although he sent out a note saying that he was the pitmaster, none of the reviews or literature mention him.

i'll take the day off to go to this one i wouldnt miss this for all the beer in the world.

So whats the date of this little excursion????

just a hunch.. being theres a bit of bad smoke...

i think if we'd show up.. we gonna get 'special' bbq sauce on our stuff.

:eek:

We can get our wives to order while we wait outside! Then come in and surprise!

"bit of bad smoke..."
as I said, I am skeptical,
I'll pass.

"bit of bad smoke..."
as I said, I am skeptical,
I'll pass.

On second thought, I think you are right Wes. No need to go looking for trouble. I think I will pass also. I haven't gone to alot of Mini-Bashes but I think I would rather have a beer at Hooters with the gang.

Either way guys, It's a Road TRip..Anyone have the address ?? Anyone interested in a Road Trip..;

I agree with Steve. It would be better to go to Hooters.

Back