The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Vending question (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50107)

Bbq Bubba 10-02-2008 08:40 AM

Vending question

Serving PP sandwiches with chips and a drink this weekend.
What would you use to serve the sandwich?
Plate? 6"?
wrapped in paper?
Also doing rib snacks (2 or 3 ribs) served in the little cardboard boxes, maybe serve the sammie in the same thing?
Thanks

WannaBeBBQueen 10-02-2008 08:46 AM

I'd serve them in the cardboard thingy....lol:biggrin:

Bbq Bubba 10-02-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannaBeBBQueen (Post 749955)
I'd serve them in the cardboard thingy....lol:biggrin:

LOL, i went on and searched for a pic of what i'm talking about, but damn if i can find it!

Bigmista 10-02-2008 09:04 AM

Last one we did, we used something like this...

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/ind...Food_Trays.htm

Bbq Bubba 10-02-2008 09:10 AM

Thats It!!

Thanks bro, so you agree, ribs and sandwich in same style tray?
I figured that would be easy to carry as theres not a lot of seating area here.

Roo-B-Q'N 10-02-2008 09:29 AM

Go with the boats, there are a few sizes so go with the bigger of the two so both types of foods will fit into it, although if you went with the smaller of the two the portions would look HUGE, and it would appear they were getting a great deal for their buck!

TOPS BBQ 10-02-2008 12:04 PM

The large boats are the way to go. You can put a sammy, hot dog, chicken or ribs, plus add in a bag of chips.

Bbq Bubba 10-02-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOPS BBQ (Post 750093)
The large boats are the way to go. You can put a sammy, hot dog, chicken or ribs, plus add in a bag of chips.

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks guys! :biggrin:

Marsha 10-03-2008 05:43 PM

We use the paper boats quite often. Other times we use paper sandwich wrappers. The good thing about the boats is that we can inlude a scoop of potato salad with the sammich.

Bbq Bubba 10-03-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsha (Post 750820)
We use the paper boats quite often. Other times we use paper sandwich wrappers. The good thing about the boats is that we can inlude a scoop of potato salad with the sammich.

Got 3 lb boats, will hold a sammich and bag of chips nicely.

If this goes good, next week it'll hold a sammich and coleslaw or potato salad!:biggrin:

Marsha 10-03-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba (Post 750821)
Got 3 lb boats, will hold a sammich and bag of chips nicely.

If this goes good, next week it'll hold a sammich and coleslaw or potato salad!:biggrin:

I am sure once they taste those sammiches they will be back for more next week! :-D

Qcrue2U 10-04-2008 01:11 AM

Id go with the boats... Hold sammies perfect!!

hossrocks 11-02-2008 01:53 AM

We also use the 3lb boat. It's the perfect size. Kinda spendy but cheaper than a to go container. About $17 per 250 count. They can carry their entire meal with one hand and the drink in the other. Also, for the ease of travel try wrapping the napkins in the sammie wrapper.

Hoss

Big Daddy's BBQ
Catering and Concessions
Kuna, ID

Louisiana Grill - Whole Hog
Brinkman Offset

Chuckwagonbbqco 11-08-2008 01:20 AM

We use the 3 lb. boats------but not the FONDA brand. If any of the Veterans that I served with saw me using anything named FONDA I would be in trouble. They are still passing out bumper stickers that say, "I am not Fonda Hanoi Jane"

CajunSmoker 11-08-2008 07:37 AM

The old home town burger joint where I grew up used those boats. A double cheeseburger and a big handful of fries fit perfect:cool: They laid a paper wrapper in the bottom too, but it was probably to soak up the grease off the fries:rolleyes: