The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gonna need help in Shannon (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8375)

2Fat 06-02-2004 09:49 PM

Gonna need help in Shannon

just sent the entry in for the Ill state champ in Shannon--July9-10--probably will need help--at least in lightening the cooler<bfg> and probably other areas too

Buzz(2fat bikers bbq)

715-570-4538

Bill-Chicago 06-03-2004 07:31 AM

Fark
I just checked our department vacation schedule and see the boss already has the 8th and 9th off.

We got coverage issues because of the financial markets that makes one of us being here a necessity.

Sorry Buzz. I was really hoping to help you out, or rather, for you to teach me some stuff.

Would have love to have seen the reality side of the classes.

parrothead 06-03-2004 07:33 AM

I'll get back with ya buzz. Schedule is pretty tight, but may be able to lend a hand. I will try to figure it out by the end of next week.

parrothead 06-03-2004 07:57 AM

Bill maybe we can split the difference. I could help on the 9th and you could replace me on the morning of the 10th. I have a thing that night.

Bill-Chicago 06-03-2004 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrothead
I have a thing that night.

Thing Mod

I'll look into it.

Buzz, what is the schedule (not turn in times, I know that)

Is it Friday morning set up, Sat night teardown? Thursday night set up, Sunday morning teardown?

Thanks

kcquer 06-03-2004 12:14 PM

Wish I was closer, I've been to several contests strictly as an observer, I'd like the closer look helpin' out would offer. The Smoke Ring Circus has me itchin' to take a crack at competition.

parrothead 06-03-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

The Smoke Ring Circus has me itchin' to take a crack at competition.
Me too.

Bill-Chicago 06-03-2004 01:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The Smoke Ring Circus has me itchin' to take a crack at competition.
Me too.

Here that Cali Patrol, you got these guys itchin for your crack

racer_81 06-03-2004 02:46 PM

Who is Shannon?

parrothead 06-03-2004 02:47 PM

Quote:

Who is Shannon?
A weirdo that works in my warehouse.

Bill-Chicago 06-03-2004 03:23 PM

Shannon Illinois.

KCBS Illinois State Championships

2Fat 06-03-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willkat98
Quote:

I have a thing that night.

Thing Mod

I'll look into it.

Buzz, what is the schedule (not turn in times, I know that)

Is it Friday morning set up, Sat night teardown? Thursday night set up, Sunday morning teardown?

Thanks

Would plan to get their noonish friday and be on the road home by5pm sat--would be fun meetiong ya guys b4 the fall bash--what are those dates anyway???
give me a shout

Bill-Chicago 06-03-2004 09:01 PM

Sept 17, 18, 19

I got the call for judges from Mike and Theresa today.

Wife says "Go judge it"

I said " I wanna help Buzz compete"

He needs 54 judges, so that should be one nice competition. Now I'm wondering if I can do one or the other.

Solidkick 06-03-2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

. Now I'm wondering if I can do one or the other.
Well, go judge, cheat and pay the others off in peanuts, and bring home the brothers a winner...... :mrgreen:

2Fat 06-03-2004 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willkat98
Sept 17, 18, 19

I got the call for judges from Mike and Theresa today.

Wife says "Go judge it"

I said " I wanna help Buzz compete"

He needs 54 judges, so that should be one nice competition. Now I'm wondering if I can do one or the other.

got my call for judging too---judging is fun but cooking is better for sure!! judging is cheaper but cooking is better for sure. When we judge we hang out with teams on Friday nite--usually get drunk and show up in time for the judges meeting but do that when we cook too and still get to cook <lol>
Iffen ya come to Shannon and are a good pie maker--you can enter for 5bucks/pie--don't have to make them there