The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   White tarps for my canopy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25715)

Jeff_in_KC 04-01-2007 08:26 PM

White tarps for my canopy

I'm looking for white tarps to use on one side of my competition canopy. Has anyone seen them in white anywhere? I see blue, green, brown and silver but no white. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Plowboy 04-01-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 372891)
I'm looking for white tarps to use on one side of my competition canopy. Has anyone seen them in white anywhere? I see blue, green, brown and silver but no white. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Is it the Kingsford EZ Up?

tony76248 04-01-2007 09:18 PM

Me thinks they won't be white for long!

Jorge 04-01-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony76248 (Post 372928)
Me thinks they won't be white for long!

You haven't met Jeff8) He'll scrub a hole in it with a toothbrush to make it look good:smile:

I blew my Shiner privileges didn't I, Jeff?:icon_cool

swamprb 04-02-2007 03:25 AM

One thing you could do if you can't find any white tarps are to buy the sidewalls for those Costco garages. I bought a replacement top on sale for $30 and the sidewalls were about the same price. Northern Tool has King Kanopy brand. Google "tarps" you'll find a ton of them.

Grumpy's Q 04-02-2007 05:40 AM

Home Depot has canvas painters tarps. You might try looking at those.

Jeff_in_KC 04-02-2007 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 372975)
You haven't met Jeff8) He'll scrub a hole in it with a toothbrush to make it look good:smile:

I blew my Shiner privileges didn't I, Jeff?:icon_cool

Oh hell no, Jorge! :lol: I will be the first to admit being fanatic about that stuff. And Tony, my top and current walls are white.

swamprb, I alread have the walls for my "garage" from Wal Mart. I am looking at just going ground to top in one section and halfway up the rest of the way so I'm only looking for like an 8x10 size max.

Bill-Chicago 04-02-2007 08:08 AM

Jeff,

Make sure they have the fireproof sticker still attached.

Sawdustguy 04-02-2007 12:27 PM

Jeff,

Is it an ez-up you have???

Jeff_in_KC 04-02-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawdustguy (Post 373326)
Jeff,

Is it an ez-up you have???

No, it's the 10x20 Hercules knock off from the Evil Empire. There are four poles per side, forming three openings:

| | | x |

I am going to fold over the 20 foot long wall and use it as a half wall from ground up over two sections and the third (far right section with the x) I am going to cover the entire top to bottom height.

Txngent 04-02-2007 08:31 PM

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=4635

Scroll down the page... online purchases.

Solidkick 04-03-2007 12:08 PM

Me thinks he wants to go into hiding so he can boil his briskets to get them tender.......http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ilies/nana.gif

Jeff_in_KC 04-03-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidkick (Post 374020)
Me thinks he wants to go into hiding so he can boil his briskets to get them tender.......http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ilies/nana.gif

Just the opposite, Gary! :wink: In fact, I talked to Tammy about being more "public friendly" this season. We're going to turn around and do all of our work in plain sight of the public with our tables out along the front of our canopy instead of working with our backs to the passers by.

I posted earlier in the off season how guilty I was of "looking busy" when people came by looking like they wanted to ask questions or talk if I didn't feel like visiting. I feel bad about that. It's like a sport (notice I said "like")... you go to watch the teams play. They're coming to see BBQ competitors like they see on Food Network and elsewhere. As long as they're polite and don't swipe food, I'm going to try to be more available. Besides, if the public doesn't come, sponsors don't sponsor and contest organizers have less money to pay out in prizes. We all lose.

So... as long as space allows, we'll be set up very differently this year.

Boiled briskets get tender?? Hmmm.... there's a thought. :lol:

swamprb 04-03-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 374197)
Just the opposite, Gary! :wink: In fact, I talked to Tammy about being more "public friendly" this season. We're going to turn around and do all of our work in plain sight of the public with our tables out along the front of our canopy instead of working with our backs to the passers by.

I posted earlier in the off season how guilty I was of "looking busy" when people came by looking like they wanted to ask questions or talk if I didn't feel like visiting. I feel bad about that. It's like a sport (notice I said "like")... you go to watch the teams play. They're coming to see BBQ competitors like they see on Food Network and elsewhere. As long as they're polite and don't swipe food, I'm going to try to be more available. Besides, if the public doesn't come, sponsors don't sponsor and contest organizers have less money to pay out in prizes. We all lose.

So... as long as space allows, we'll be set up very differently this year.

Boiled briskets get tender?? Hmmm.... there's a thought. :lol:

It's funny how you mentioned this, I've only been to a few comps myself and the last one I attended there was a Canadian team that were all enclosed in their little canopy and they may have well posted No Trespassing signs around it even when the when the sun came out and people were in shirtsleeves they never opened up! Protecting the missle codes I suppose?
Brian

voodoobbqIL 04-04-2007 12:37 PM

swamprb,

I ran into them on a comp as well, it was very odd to me to be that private about what was going on. If they had done well I would have been suspect of them but they did not even walk so maybe they are introverts!