The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New winner in chambers raffle!!! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154829)

tish 02-26-2013 12:14 PM

New winner in chambers raffle!!!

Although Phil had more chances than almost anybody in the raffle, it hadn't occurred to him that he might actually win. Surprise! lol So, last night, the Grand PooBah graciously declined the grand prize that someone else might have it instead.

This morning, Kathy and I got on the phone together again so we could draw an alternate winner of the food processor. It was MikeR, one of the folks who had PMd us that he'd like his donation to remain anonymous. This is what he said in a PM when we notified him this morning:

"I never win anything! And had it not been for Phil declining I'd still be able to say that. Thanks for taking the time to run this raffle and raise the money that Chambers and his family can really put to good use.... Thanks again- MikeR"

We're thrilled to pieces for Mike. Please join us in congratulating him on his win. May he use the food processor well, and post lots of pron of the goodies he makes with it. :becky:

Thanks to Mike, Phil, and all the Brethren for coming together to make this fundraiser a great success!! :grouphug: And here's hoping it's the start of seeing Chambers get up out of that bed, and walking once again!! Git'r done, Dan!! :clap2:

landarc 02-26-2013 12:15 PM

Woohoo for Phil and for MikeR

deguerre 02-26-2013 12:21 PM

Indeed.

Ron_L 02-26-2013 12:22 PM

Congrats, Mike!

Nice going, Phil!

Wampus 02-26-2013 12:28 PM

BRAVO! :clap:

timzcardz 02-26-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tish (Post 2384821)
This morning, Kathy and I got on the phone together again so we could draw an alternate winner of the food processor. It was MikeR, one of the folks who had PMd us that he'd like his donation to remain anonymous.

Well, so much for anonymity! :doh:

Now I suppose this means this means that I can't call my little brother a loser anymore . . . not that I ever did before. :mrgreen:

deguerre 02-26-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timzcardz (Post 2384879)

Now I suppose this means this means that I can't call my little brother a loser anymore . . . not that I ever did before. :mrgreen:

Nah. Only when y'all are on the same team at a comp. :-P

Gore 02-26-2013 12:41 PM

Congrats!

tish 02-26-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timzcardz (Post 2384879)

Well, we're not telling you how much he donated, now, are we??? :becky:

MikeR 02-26-2013 12:51 PM

Thanks all. Looking forward to trying this thing out, especially the dough function. Glad to be a part of a community like this that will help out people they never met. Who says the Brethren has no integrity?

tish 02-26-2013 01:06 PM

We'll get it right out to you, Mike. Just waitin' on that number from Phil. But then don't forget to post all the pron you make with it! We want to see the goodies!!! :hungry:

fingerlickin' 02-26-2013 02:14 PM

Congratulations Mike and thanks again to the ladies and their cohorts for organizing this whole thing for Dan. This place never cease's to amaze me!

Bonewagon 02-26-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fingerlickin' (Post 2385030)
Congratulations Mike and thanks again to the ladies and their cohorts for organizing this whole thing for Dan. This place never cease's to amaze me!

Amen! :thumb:

Redhot 02-26-2013 02:25 PM

Congrats MikeR!!! Can't wait to see the pron either!

Cack 02-26-2013 02:29 PM

Congrats to everyone involved