• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunshine = Grill time. (With a little Pr0n!)

tburda

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
though the temps are only in the mid 30's here and we've got a little snow here and there, I have been dying to use my OTS.

I decided today to do a steak for lunch. (Since I recently lost my job, I've got lots of extra time...)

So here's the pr0n:
Ribeye was a little pricey today (read: recently lost job :icon_blush:) So I opted for a nice porterhouse.
SAM_0073.jpg

Kept it simple with some onions and mushrooms to fry up in butter to top the steak, and rubbed the steak with weber smokey mesquite rub (it's delicious if you haven't tried it. I've used it on steaks, burgers, brisket, and I turned a couple buddies onto it who have used it on both turkey burgers and venison steaks)
SAM_0074.jpg

Fired up the OTS using royal oak briquettes (2.99 a bag) and used foil pans to keep my coals off the side of the kettle and make a nice hot spot on the grate.
(Forgot to take a pic ON the gril! :doh:)
SAM_0075.jpg

Plated it up with the onions and mushrooms on top, also got a NEAR PERFECT grate sear pattern on the steak, finally! Corn on the side, my absolute favorite simple side.
SAM_0076.jpg

Close up...
SAM_0077.jpg

Close up again...you can see the sear pattern.
SAM_0078.jpg

And the money shot, a little overdone from where I wanted, was shooting for medium rare, but got medium well, it was a little pink in the center, though it was a fairly thin steak and I think thats why. But boy was it still DELICIOUS!
SAM_0079.jpg

Thanks for looking! I hope everyone had as good of a lunch as I did!

Looks delicious. I know all about letting those skinny steaks sneak up on you. It was much better than my lunch tho I can promise you that

your lunch was definitely better than mine. That steak looks pretty dang good to me!

Thanks, I dont mind a thin steak, and I've always been nervous about undercooking so I have always cooked to medium, medium rare at best. But this one, I was inside frying up the onions and fungus real quick and I thought I would still come out rare. No worry, I wasn't disappointed by any means!

Looks good. Plate coulda used a big old baked potato to keep the steak company.:rolleyes:

I had a good ham sandwich for lunch but it wasnt anything like a good looking steak.

He's out of work & saving the potato for dinner.

Haha, no actually it was more a time constraint thing, and I was only cooking for one. I was full after another helping of corn. I don't like wasting food.

Back