Farking Krispy Cream Bread Pudding...Pron

Militant83

is one Smokin' Farker
While on my quest to learn more about my favorite style of BBQ "Carolina Style" I started reading a new book I bought called "Holy Smoke, The Big Book of North Carolna BBQ". I came across a recipe for Krispy Cream Bread Pudding. As many of you know bread pudding is a typical desert in many BBQ restaurants.

I love bread pudding so I figured I'd give it a shot and add my own twist to it. I decided to add a traditional vanilla sauce to it. It would also be great with a bourbon sauce as well. I must say it is some of my favorite bread

Every good plate of que needs a good desert plate too.. Enjoy:thumb:

Took one dozen Krispy Creams and chopped them in 1/8ths

IMG_2462640x392_zpse18f8242.jpg

Mixed up and placed in buttered baking dish.

IMG_2463640x427_zpsbd4fa658.jpg

Out of the oven with a vanilla sauce drizzle.

IMG_2467640x427_zpsce781ce7.jpg

The money shot

IMG_2468640x356_zpseba19020.jpg

Last edited:
The recipe calls for 9 day old donuts but you can get the same results by chopping them up like I did and leave them out over night. I didnt have 9 days to wait :becky:

You know ever since I saw Paula make that burger with Krispy Creams I have been wanting to try it.

Lol, I made some, lol, got like 23,000 views from this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYUhb0zJDK8"]Glazed Donut Bacon Cheeseburger - YouTube[/ame]

While on my quest to learn more about my favorite style of BBQ "Carolina Style" I started reading a new book I bought called "Holy Smoke, The Big Book of North Carolna BBQ". I came across a recipe for Krispy Cream Bread Pudding. As many of you know bread pudding is a typical desert in many BBQ restaurants.

I love bread pudding so I figured I'd give it a shot and add my own twist to it. I decided to add a traditional vanilla sauce to it. It would also be great with a bourbon sauce as well. I must say it is some of my favorite bread

Every good plate of que needs a good desert plate too.. Enjoy:thumb:

Took one dozen Krispy Creams and chopped them in 1/8ths

IMG_2462640x392_zpse18f8242.jpg

Mixed up and placed in buttered baking dish.

IMG_2463640x427_zpsbd4fa658.jpg

Out of the oven with a vanilla sauce drizzle.

IMG_2467640x427_zpsce781ce7.jpg

The money shot

IMG_2468640x356_zpseba19020.jpg

Need.To.Make.

To think that I am from the home state of Krispy Kreme and I have never seen or heard or thought of making a bread pudding with them... I should be ashamed!! That looks DAMN good. Give me some milk and half that pudding and I would be a happy fat man.

Im sure I will get asked here soon so I will go ahead and post it here is my modified recipe for the above greatness..

Vanilla Sauce
1/2 C Sugar
3 T Brown Sugar
1 T AP Flour
Dash of cinnemon
2 T Butter
1 Egg
1 C Heavy Cream
1/4 C Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 T Vanilla Extract

Combine everything except vanilla in a sauce pan heat on med heat until incorperated and the sauce is thick. 10-15 min or until it will coat a spoon.

Krispy Cream Bread Pudding

1 DZ Krispy Cream Doughnuts
1 C Heavy Cream
1 C Wole Milk
5 Egg Yolks
1 Whole Egg
1/2 C Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 C Chocolate chips

Cut doughnuts into 1/8ths and let sit over night on a baking sheet. Mix above items and pour over doughnut pieces and let sit for 30 min stirring occasionaly. Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 8x8 baking dish. Pour mixture in baking dish and bake for 45-60 min When you can stick a knife in the center and it comes out clean its done. Once done either drizzel sauce or drizzle sauceover each individual piece whatever you prefer.

I used a water bath but it is not required. I also covered at the 3/4 mark to keep the top from getting too dark.

i rarely eat deserts, but I love bread pudding. I would have done a bourbon sauce, to warm up the sweetness from all that sugar, but I can imagine KK donuts working as the bread in the bread pudding.

CD

That looks pharking fantastic. Unfortunately there are no krispy kreme stores in Alaska, so I will have to live vicariously through your post.

Back