New cooking trailer

Smokin' Joe

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Bobby and Mike's posts inspired me to go out in the cold and take some pics and get started on TIPPYQ, my new cooking trailer. We do a lot of camping as a family and had a nice travel trailer. It took two comps of loading the smokers and gear in and out of the pickup and camper last fall to realize I didn't want to do that 10 times a year. So the search began for a toy hauler that would fit the family for camping and would accomodate my BBQ stuff...I found this a couple of hours away at a dealer in Wisconsin. Its a monster @ 37' long, but its got everything we need (I think I can get into most comps in this area with it, just gonna cost a bit more). The garage area is a 10' long.
2172009001.jpg

We've got a lot of work to do to get her ready to head to Jefferson City Mo in April. I have a small Fridge and a row of cabinets ready for the right side and a stainless table for the left. I'm still looking for a 60" or smaller 3 bay sink to go in front of the stainless table.
2172009003.jpg

2172009005.jpg

There are no outlets in the garage so I plan to run conduit for outlets and additional lights. I am also planning to convert the fuel station that is mounted in the frame under where the sink will go to a grey water tank for the sink drain.

I will post some more pictures as we go along.
Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

Nice trailer, congrats!

Ottie
The Flying Burritos

That's nice! I picked up one like that about 2 weeks ago, just a bit shorter at 34' but still has the 10' garage. Please post pics when you do the fuel station to gray water conversion. Thats a great idea.

That looks very nice. Congratulations and, as said above, keep us posted.

That is really nice. Once you have it set up it will be great for camping too. Please post pics as you go along

Who said the economy is slow. Look at all the nice stuff these guys are getting. Congrats.

Thanks guys...

I'm doing my part Vern :mrgreen:
I'm lucky to be in a field somewhat isolated from this huge mess (at least so far:|)

Well with spring fast aproaching (even thought the weather sure doesnt feel like it) I thought I better get my but in gear. I hope to have it done in the next couple of weeks.

Today I installed all the cabinetry, countertop, and the fridge on the right hand side. I also started with the wiring, installing a panel and running a bit of wire, hope to nearly finish that project tomorrow or this week (not much to see so no pics). Gonna need her in 3 weeks:eek:
DSCF5876.jpg

DSCF5877.jpg

That will be really nice at Comps. I do not think I would want to pull something that big

I'll 2nd what the wide guy said about that being a super idea on the conversion of the tank (ga's food service rules require the kitchen / vending area to have it's own tanks). I've been thinking comp trailers for a couple of years now and here's my requirements.

• min of 30 ft and would like to keep it at that but would consider more if I had too
  • 20 ft living 10 ft cooking area with door from cooking to living area
  • cooking / garage area needs to be done so it can pass food service inspection
  • must be gooseneck
Question - I don't see why you can't put a cooker or two that have smoke stacks that you route out the roof or side and include a commercial exhaust fan over them and be able to cook inside. I know the danger of the situation and that you should have the detectors but could it work or not? I'll give you my take on the answer before I give you the question. If it won't work I'd rather have mine custom built and with all the same requirements listed above but have it made where each side of the kitchen / garage area has a long opening / window that could be left open to eliminate issues with the c.m. problem (could also leave ramp partially open). You could probably get by doing 15 /15 if you wanted to use the kitchen in the back for your kitchen and not have two stoves / fridges / micros etc. I know a place that can build a unit like this and I'm not making anything on it to tell you about it and it's Stump's Smokers. Smokin Joe your doing a great job and if I had that I wouldn't even be talking about this and would be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. BTW a 36 ft one is for sale just about like this that has had the garage area coverted to a kitchen in Ill (twyfords I think).

Thanks George...it actually pulls pretty well. Its built to be light and the big chevy diesel in front helps. I used to pull a 33ft bumper hitch travel trailer with the same truck and can tell you I would much rather pull this 5th wheel even though it weighs 3000 lbs more.

Good luck with your search Greendriver. I have seen several trailers in the midwest with the smokers vented through the roof. Many are FEC's with what looks like a furnace pipe going to a chimney termination mounted on the roof...seems to work well, it would make me a bit nervous and would check the CO detector frequently!! I was actually trying to sell my travel trailer privately so I could buy Twyfords trailer but had no luck...the economy started going in the tank and I found a dealer who gave me a trade deal I couldn't refuse so I jumped on it. I see the Rev reduced the price on it recently, its a heck of a deal IMHO...

Smokin' Joe, did your trailer come with a genset? Mine did not, but is wired for one.It will bolt in, but it uses the aux. fuel tank for the generator as well as fueling the toys. Is yours set up the same way?

Back