Pig Roast Saturday 12/28

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Not any kind of official bash (that'll be in the spring), but I'll be cooking a piggy at my house in Culver City Sat. 12/28. I've let a bunch of SoCal farkers know already, but I figured I'd put something up here as well in case I missed some folks (which I'm sure I have as my brain is faulty).

Anytime after 4, eating around 5 or 6. Spouses, kids, etc. always welocme! It's a potluck as well, but there's absolutely no need to feel pressure to bring anything - we always have a ton of food!

PM me for address.

Rough day today. Just got home and getting ready to starting heading out your way Greg.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Had a great time at the piggy party at Greg's house! Glad I got to hang out with all the brethren that showed up. great party! Here are a few pics of the guest of honor.

20131228_170021.jpg

20131228_170043.jpg

20131228_170204.jpg

Here are some of the pics I got.
Great time with silver finger ,camp dude,gtr,bigmista,ssv3.
Forgive if I missed someone.
The piggy was delicious and all the sides were absolutely delicious.

Thanks Greg.

Bigmista showing me some love and silverfinger on the far right.
DC4A40CA-451B-4F0E-ABB0-B6BF553171FC.jpg

Greg and camp dude
DF78F950-F054-4968-ACD5-A141353E0E0A.jpg

My kids
25D48BDB-5ABF-41F4-9E7E-F590697564C9.jpg

E3D78532-F227-4DA7-832E-64D73E306898.jpg

30E5D255-5C7E-418A-B5F4-4CD934EA096A.jpg

453CA8A7-F3BF-42FA-85B8-200C7AB98ED6.jpg

Great pic of Los Angeles during sunset.
F3DD2236-2449-4DA2-B104-D89750E1E472.jpg

Last edited:
Great to get together beyond the keyboard. It was a pleasure meeting each one of you guys.

Thanks Greg!

This is all I managed to shoot.

20131228_181014.jpg

20131228_181052.jpg

It was fantastic to see y'all last night - thanks for coming by! I really enjoyed meeting Tonybel & his beautiful family and Ssv3 and I really look forward to hanging out with you guys again. I'll put some pix up in a little bit.

Hate that I missed it again...love the pics though. Hopefully I'll be in the state for the next one.

• Thanks
You sure know how to throw one heck of a party Greg. Looks like a great time! :thumb:

• Thanks
(some pix taken by my dad)

Dressed up for the party and ready to go.

photo-28.jpg

This is a 70# pig, which looks to be about all I can fit in this cooker (20x50 chamber).

photo-32.jpg

Partway though the 12 hr. cook - stayed between 225-250 the whole time.

P1000132.jpg

2x batch of Keri's Hog Apple beans in the UDS. I had some breakfast sausage on hand that I threw in there which was nice, but I like it better when I use hot link.

photo-31.jpg

Piggy out for a rest.

photo-30.jpg

Brother Marty (campdude) helps with getting out the pig and breaking it down.

P1000135.jpg

Not sure what Mary is looking at.

P1000154.jpg

Maybe this? :shocked:

photo-29.jpg

Pork, pork and more pork!

P1000156.jpg

A nice little garnish.

P1000161.jpg

We got a hell of a lot of meat off of this pig! I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It went well with all the amazing sides and apps and desserts brought by the Brethren and other friends and family who were there. We all had an awesome time eating and hanging out. This really is a fun crew!

I want to thank Tonybel and Ssv3 for driving a long way to come over here - I know most folks don't normally drive a long distance to go to a stranger's house, but I'm honored that you did. You guys, like Neil, Marty, Ray and the other farkers who've been over here, are always welcome here.

Thanks to all y'all for coming - it really was great to see everybody and I look forward to hanging out with you guys again - really awesome crew here! :clap2:

We loved it.
I was just showing my brother in law that was suppose to come with us this thread. I'm ready for the spring bash.

• Thanks
Sorry I missed something local! I just joined this forum, and it is awesome to see something close to home! I am in Granada Hills, and look forward to the next one!

• Thanks
Is that a big orange power T

Most definitely! :clap2:

We loved it.
I was just showing my brother in law that was suppose to come with us this thread. I'm ready for the spring bash.

I'm ready too! :hungry:

Sorry I missed something local! I just joined this forum, and it is awesome to see something close to home! I am in Granada Hills, and look forward to the next one!

Welocme to the forum. Definitely come hang with us next time, great folks and great cooks here. :thumb:

I want to thank you again for making it possible for us to get together. Way generous of you. I had a blast.

Great meeting Tony, Ray, Neil, Marty and of course Greg. Sorry if I missed anyone else. Some of the most down to earth and humble guys you will come across.

• Thanks
Love it - thanks for putting that up! :clap2:

Gonna make some stock with those bones today. :hungry:

Back